2001 CRV Buzzing Door Lock
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 CRV Buzzing Door Lock

crv|oc Rank: Member

2001 CRV Buzzing Door Lock

Hi everyone! Pleased to be here. Just picked up a nice 2001 CRV 4WD and very happy with it. Only issue I have to solve right now is when I go to hit lock all doors on the remote, they all lock but there is a buzzing/whirring noise coming from the driver's door. Sounds like something is stripped a gear or something? Any ideas what might need replacing? Thank you very much,

Timereaver

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    sup dude, i have the EXACT same problem... i get that weird noise when locking the car from the inside and using keyless. hell, my passenger side don't even unlock at all!

it seems like this is a prevalent problem on this gen V.... when u find out lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by Timereaver View Post
    Hi everyone! Pleased to be here. Just picked up a nice 2001 CRV 4WD and very happy with it. Only issue I have to solve right now is when I go to hit lock all doors on the remote, they all lock but there is a buzzing/whirring noise coming from the driver's door. Sounds like something is stripped a gear or something? Any ideas what might need replacing? Thank you very much,

Timereaver
    Does the drivers door lock? or not lock and just make the noise?

You'll probably need to take the liner and panel seal off to see. When the liner is off, try functioning the locks at this time and see if you can determine what the lock is doing or not doing. The second photo of the latch is for referance only at this time, there's no use removing it if you don't have to. It may just be disconnected from a clip or something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Door Lock buzzing

Hi thanks for your replies - yes ALL locks function correctly. It just makes that buzzing/stripped noise after the lock has locked on the driver's side. Since the door is actually locking, could it just be a stripped gear in the motor or something?

Timereaver

if the door locks and unlock and its making that buzzing noise then most likely your gonna need a new latch. i've replaced many of these latches on crv's and other vehicles and it fixed the problem. basically its just the actuator whinning!!!

Door Lock buzzing

Quote Originally Posted by sol_tegra View Post
    if the door locks and unlock and its making that buzzing noise then most likely your gonna need a new latch. i've replaced many of these latches on crv's and other vehicles and it fixed the problem. basically its just the actuator whinning!!!
    Thank you for your reply - would that be the part name - driver's door Actuator?

Timereaver

That would be the one. My personal opinion would be, not to change out the part until it actually quits working. They can be somewhat of a pain to change out. But if the buzzing is driving you crazy then by all means, get it fixed.

Thank you

Thank you very much for your replies and information!

Timereaver

Similar problem on my 01 but my drivers door will not lock and the actuator keeps buzzing like it is trying to lock,sorta like it is stuck.

it will lock fine with the key so I am assuming the lock itself is fine....hoping an Ebay $12 actuator will fix my problem

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements