What's that little blue light between the map lights?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's that little blue light between the map lights?

JMA
    crv|oc Rank: Member

What's that little blue light between the map lights?

I read the entire owner's manual a while back, but maybe I zoned out or have forgotten the explanation for the little blue light on the ceiling between the map lights and the controls for the moon roof on the EX-L. Is it just there to help me find the general vicinity of those controls in the dark? Is it telling me that something is on and ready to go whenever I push the right button? Or maybe it's telling me I'm being monitored? Or that sublimal messages are being implanted in my brain? Or that Honda had some extra blue light bulbs and thought one would look cool up there? I could go on and on with ideas, but figured maybe somebody out there knows the real answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Big Brother watching you
    Just kidding - it's convenience light so you can see a little bit around without turning dome light.

Lights on indicator

I wondered the same thing to. Then finally noticed it comes on with the headlights.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    A friends 07 Civic 2dr EX has that as well. I asked her just the other night what it was for when I was in the car. She didn't know.

I believe it is there just to here you know where the switchs are up there.
    Who Care's?

Ambiance light.

Very simple.
    Mitch

2003 CR-V EX 4A Chianti Red - K&N Typhoon SRI - Alpine/Orion 10" Sub and Amp - Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 215/70-15 - Garmin Nuvi Navigation - Osram SilverStar
    2010 MAZDASPEED3 Liquid Silver - CP-E SRI - CP-E Turbo Inlet Pipe - Corksport Race Pipe - MTEC Super White & Golden Yellow bulbs - 35% Tint coming soon - CP-E downpipe coming soon
    1990 Mazda Miata - (Track Machine) Stock, for now

JMA
    Hmmm, it sure doesn't add much to MY ambiance! It just makes me want to push where the blue light is located (not to the right or left where the switches are) and wait for something to happen. If Honda was feeling generous with light bulbs, a lighted vanity mirror would have been nice.

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Ambient Console Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Hmmm, it sure doesn't add much to MY ambiance! It just makes me want to push where the blue light is located (not to the right or left where the switches are) and wait for something to happen. If Honda was feeling generous with light bulbs, a lighted vanity mirror would have been nice.
    The technical term is ambient console lighting. The purpose is to give a slight bit of light in the console area so you can reach your coffee cups etc without affecting your night vision. It also serves to add a bit of mystery and sexy atmosphere so that you will be tempted to buy another Honda.

The lack of a lighted vanity is a public service for people like me who are better served by not seeing their reflection well illuminated. I look far better with the ambient console lighting--turned down real low. The intensity of the light varies with the instrument panel light intensity, controlled by the little stick for resetting the odometers.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 02-23-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

It is an ambient light for the microphone on the voice activation. I'm going to assume all of you have an EX-L w/ Navi. But to make sure 100% of my answer, I'll check this when I go to work tonight.

I love that ambient lighting. Have it in the GX and it does help you manage around at night without having to turn on the map lights. Some cars have ambient lighting in the door handles and the floors.
    2000 Honda CR-V SE->Naples Gold Metallic->Charcoal Interior-> *RETIRED* at 63,024 miles

1997 Honda CR-V EX->Silver with Grey Interior->Vacation car in the Philippines (The only CR-V in my possession)
    2001 Lexus RX300 {Silversport}->Millenium Silver->Black Interior (Current Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by Honda4Life View Post
    A friends 07 Civic 2dr EX has that as well. I asked her just the other night what it was for when I was in the car. She didn't know.

I believe it is there just to here you know where the switchs are up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkcr View Post
    It is an ambient light for the microphone on the voice activation. I'm going to assume all of you have an EX-L w/ Navi. But to make sure 100% of my answer, I'll check this when I go to work tonight.

Hers was just a plain EX. No Navi or leather.
    Who Care's?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements