Head Rest Removal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Rest Removal

crv|oc Rank: Member

Head Rest Removal

I just picked up a 2010 CRV EX-L. Is it possible that the rear head rests on the left and right side does't raise, lower or come off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

The rear headrest can raise, lower, tilt forward, and be removed.

how does it remove? There is no button like the front seat or the rear middle head rest?

AlB

2010 + 2011 Rear Head Rest Removal

Hello everyone,
    The service technician where I bought my CRV gave me this print on removing rear headrests.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks, AlB. I was wondering just today if anyone had asked this question and. lo and behold, your post appeared with exactly what I was looking for.

With all do respect I tried that and there was no way to make it lossen without damaging the clip you have to pry on. My 2011 is a week old and i need to remove it to fit a car seat properly but I can't get it to release. Any thoughts here? Should I just go to the dealer I bought it from?

Quote Originally Posted by AlB View Post
    Hello everyone,
    The service technician where I bought my CRV gave me this print on removing rear headrests.

Yeah, just take it to the dealer with your car seat. They should do it free with a smile for something like that. If not, find another dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlcrv View Post
    Yeah, just take it to the dealer with your car seat. They should do it free with a smile for something like that. If not, find another dealer.
    I called my Dealer, Sherwood Honda they told me the rear headrests can not be removed...Now what? tell them to **** it and go somewhere else? I tried to folllow the diagram but it didnt even budge a bit, despite everything lookin like it should

take a printout of the diagram to the dealer, find another dealership, take a printout of the diagram to a firestation. I have no idea where you are, but I've heard of firestations/police stations offering free help to install car seats.
    Ask a friend to help you. There are a multitude of obvious solutions that can be tried.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrv View Post
    With all do respect I tried that and there was no way to make it lossen without damaging the clip you have to pry on. My 2011 is a week old and i need to remove it to fit a car seat properly but I can't get it to release. Any thoughts here? Should I just go to the dealer I bought it from?
    What is the issue you are having? I have a car seat in my mine and haven't ran into any issues with the headrest getting in the way.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements