How to tumble and fold rear seat - 2006
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to tumble and fold rear seat - 2006

crv|oc Rank: Member

How to tumble and fold rear seat - 2006

How do you flip up or tumble forward the rear seat in a 2006 CRV? Have never been able to figure it out. Can't find it in the manual. It was so easy and obvious in our 97.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by knorkin View Post
    How do you flip up or tumble forward the rear seat in a 2006 CRV? Have never been able to figure it out. Can't find it in the manual. It was so easy and obvious in our 97
    On the 05 once you lowered the upper seat section forward there is a strap on the rear of the seat bottom that you pull to release the latch and the upper and lower seat sections simply roll forward

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    And remember the seats have to be forward all the way or back ,one or the other. H

Belated thanks for telling me how to tumble the rear seats. The seats do have to be all the way BACK to be released from the rear catch. With the seats fully flipped, there's just enough room in the cargo area to fit the box for a Panasonic 50-inch tv. It fits through the rear hatch upright and fits the cargo area on the diagonal. The way it hits the rear corner ceiling and the edge behind either flipped up rear seat wedges it in nicely so it can't fall over. It's about the biggest object that fits the cargo area.

A couple days ago I noticed that there are visual instructions for flipping the seats on the back of the right rear seat! Oh, well.

Thanks again.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    The capacity of a CRV is pretty amazing as shown by your 50" tv transport. Before I got my pickup the CRV was the "truck"...it transported half of a large curved leather sofa home safely with the rear door slightly ajar and bunge corded shut. If the seats were able to be easily removed I probably could have shut the rear door.

that is something I would have loved if honda had made the rear seats easy to take out

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    They're pretty easy to take out if you have 10 minutes and a big ratchet lol. I too am amazed by the capacity of my CR-Vs to carry stuff. The 01 surprised me a couple times but the 02 REALLy surprises me with how much crap I can get in there.
    2002 Honda CR-V EX
    2001 Honda CR-V LX
    1995 Ford Cobra SVT

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements