How To Replace Interior Drivers Side Door Handle?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Replace Interior Drivers Side Door Handle?

crv|oc Rank: Member

How To Replace Interior Drivers Side Door Handle?

Can anyone tell me how to replace the drivers side door hadle and if it is difficult to do?

Thanks,
    Chuck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    erg let me go look...

ok well im pretty sure you can figure out how to take off the inside door panel but if not find all the screws and take them out (including ones holding the arm rests to the panel they my be attached to the structure of the door for support) pop the plastic trim off from around the interior door handle off (dont break it!) pull the interior handle and slide that piece out

pop all the plastic christmas trees (the ones around the edge of the door panel that are holding it to the door) out of there holes (either by pulling which will most likely break some or a christmas tree popper which looks like a Y and fits around it and makes it less likely to break one)

you may or may not have to remove the small plastic trim triangle that is covering the bolts and what not for the rear view side mirror it just pops off.

slide the panel upwards and it should pop off

disconnected connectors set aside then use your logic and figure out what you need to unscrew, disconnect blah blah its not very hard i just dont feel like taking my door apart since everything is fine on mine.

it would also help if i knew if you wanted the interior door handle or exterior either way its like a 30 minute job if you have half a brain. interior is easier of course.
    Last edited by thereal; 11-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements