Power door locks for a Honda CRV 2007
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power door locks for a Honda CRV 2007

crv|oc Rank: Member

Power door locks for a Honda CRV 2007

Hello everybody, I have a problem with the two rear door power locks. The problem is that when I try to lock the doors (using the remote control) the buttons return to the open position, so the doors are not closed and the alarm is not activated. Last saturday a technician told me that is a common problem in the CRV's, and the only solution is just to change the entire power door lock assembly (I have to requested to the Honda distributor), because there is a plastic gear that maybe is damaged so there is no way to fixed. I am not sure that the solution is change the entire assembly (it seems to me that technician does not want to have problems to solve the problem). Can someone give me your oppinion or advice of how to deal with this issue?

Luis S.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis S View Post
    Hello everybody, I have a problem with the two rear door power locks. The problem is that when I try to lock the doors (using the remote control) the buttons return to the open position, so the doors are not closed and the alarm is not activated. Last saturday a technician told me that is a common problem in the CRV's, and the only solution is just to change the entire power door lock assembly (I have to requested to the Honda distributor), because there is a plastic gear that maybe is damaged so there is no way to fixed. I am not sure that the solution is change the entire assembly (it seems to me that technician does not want to have problems to solve the problem). Can someone give me your oppinion or advice of how to deal with this issue?

Luis S.
    Luis,

The door locks can only be replaced one way...As an assembly.
    2006 and older CRV's had an actuator (motor) the could be replaced seperately from the door lock assembly.

Luis S - I am having similar issues with my 2007 EX also. See Whining door locks post. Good luck with yours!

Than you for your comment Lizzurd, I will verify with a local dealer to see the price of the assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis S View Post
    Hello everybody, I have a problem with the two rear door power locks. The problem is that when I try to lock the doors (using the remote control) the buttons return to the open position, so the doors are car accessories closed and the alarm is not activated. Last saturday a technician told me that is a common problem in the CRV's, and the only solution is just to change the entire power door lock assembly (I have to requested to the Honda distributor), because there is a plastic gear that maybe is damaged so there is no way to fixed. I am not sure that the solution is change the entire assembly (it seems to me that technician does not want to have problems to solve the problem). Can someone give me your oppinion or advice of how to deal with this issue?

Luis S.
    My friend had a problem with his CRV and he had to replace the entire door.. I really hope this isn't your case, but if it is go to the junk yard.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements