Flash drive for music
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flash drive for music

crv|oc Rank: Member

Flash drive for music

I took a USB flash drive, small one less than 1 gig, and put about a dozen CD's on it. When I plugged it in all that showed on the FOLDERS were the first 5 CD's. Is this the maximum that is available using a flash drive ? Any way to get access to more ?

Thanks,

Tim K.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Hawaii, You ned a bigger flash drive..... say 8 gigs. Format it to fat32 and you should be able to get a ton of music on it no problem. The reason I say format the flash drive to fat32 is here in Canada thats the system our crvs' radio system likes. You could also convert all your music to wma...... windows media audio, but the latter way is easier. Cheers!

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Don't need to convert to WMA. the CR-V handles MP3 quite well. Kev may be correct about the Fat32 vs NTFS though. I have not tested that out to be honest. Just make sure you are following MP# music folder structure. The CR-V can and will also show album art as well. As far as needing to have an 8GB stick...... I would say that the capacity means nothing it's more the version of USB. Chances are that with less than 1GB it's a USB1.0 and not a USB2.0 which; is what you need. I have 1 1,4,8, and 16GB sticks. I'll try and load them in the CR-V Today and get back to ya.

You are probably correct about it being a USB1.0, but what I cannot understand is why it would only show the first five music folders and not the rest of them. The screen shows the first five but when I scroll down it goes back to number 1. The music files are all MP3 files that my son put on my computer. I will go get a bigger flash drive, do I then format it to Fat32.....not sure if I know how to do that.

Thanks for the help, again.

TK

Right click on the Stick in the device view of the computer. When you select format; a screen will pop up asking if you want a quick or full format as well as showing a drop down menu for FAT32 or NTFS. It's really quick to do. File structure should be something like the following:

Music\System of a Down\System Of A Down - Toxicity (contained within the Toxicity folder; the album art (named the Album title) along with each track.

*Note* System of a Down - Toxicity used for quick comparison....

There are a TON of MP3 sorting tools out there and plenty of them are free as well. Also, there are many different ways to sort the MP3 directories..... This one just works for me.

Update for you as well. The 4,8 (used currently in my wife's Crosstour), and 16GB sticks do in fact work. I left my 1GB stick at work so I cannot test it for you Today but I have got to believe that it should work as well. Good luck!!

Thanks Mate, this Forum is quicker and more knowledgeable than Bank of America, Century Link or any of the other that I frequent. Having loads of fun with my new CR-V, wish it had a bit more power, but I will trade for increased mileage. One thing I am a bit worried about is the rubber type molding around the entire bottom of the body, how will this hold up as opposed to painted metal.

Next up is the engine cover, looks like it will take all of 5 minutes to install that one.

I have tried everything I've read here and can not get my 32 gb kingston flash drive to be recognized on my 2014 crv Any help would be appreciated

I gave up on the usb slot when it wouldn't recognize nor charge my galaxy s4
    My other car is a 626whp Turbo Teggy
    streetmechanix.com

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements