Husky WeatherBeater floor liners vs weathertech floor liners
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Husky WeatherBeater floor liners vs weathertech floor liners

crv|oc Rank: Member

Husky WeatherBeater floor liners vs weathertech floor liners

Does any one have any suggestions for the floor liners (not mats) for 2012 honda crv. I realize that there are reviews for weathertech on the forum but not for ( I didn't see any) Husky WeatherBeater liners. I live in Chicago and winters are kinda bad here. I need to protect the carpet with no drains from the mats.

I see that huskyliners give life time warranty vs 3 yrs for the weathertech. It looks like weathertech costs more as well. I dont mind the price as long as they are better.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

My advice is weathertech, the texture of the mat feels better. A little softer and more grip when wet. I removed the husky liners from my truck and replaced the with the weathertechs. Have the full set in my crv. Love them

Thanks Cpalmer

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I looked at both for my 2011. Huskys were cheaper, but I liked Weathertechs better, and bought them. They are great in every way. But, I don't how long they last. I just may remove them during good weather summer months. Generally I keep my vehicles for 8 to 10 years. Want the floor liners to last.

Super Moderator
    I bought a set or weathertecs back in 98 for my Civic. The colour has long faded but they are still in use after all these years in my friends Accord. You will definately get your moneys out out of a set of weathertecs.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzurd View Post
    I bought a set or weathertecs back in 98 for my Civic. The colour has long faded but they are still in use after all these years in my friends Accord. You will definately get your moneys out out of a set of weathertecs.
    Are you talking about mats? Civic liners wouldn't fit an Accord, would they?

Quote Originally Posted by cpalmer View Post
    My advice is weathertech, the texture of the mat feels better. A little softer and more grip when wet. I removed the husky liners from my truck and replaced the with the weathertechs. Have the full set in my crv. Love them
    My first post here, but I thought I'd chime-in since I was going to create a post with my Husky experience anyway. A bit about me, I'm a bit of a floor mat/liner freak dating back to '01 with the purchase of the original WeatherTech floor mats (the made in the U.K. ones). In addition to those, I've owned the original Huskys, the WeatherTech FloorLiners & Honda OEM All Season mats. I just bought a '12 CR-V & considered only the WeatherTech FloorLiner & the new Husky WeatherBeaters since Honda All Season mats are the worst I've ever owned.

I went with the Huskys for price & as they were available first. Also, in my past WeatherTech FloorLiner experience I was trying to avoid the flaws, which are the openings for the mat hooks as well as not enough dead pedal coverage. Also, I had gray ones that stained horrendously. In addition, I had them in an Odyssey & the 2nd row liners wouldn't stay put as there was nothing holding them in since the door sill was level with the carpet.

All of this said, I would buy the WeatherTech FloorLiners again as what cpalmer said is true about the texture/grip. They're also a little thicker too. I would avoid anything but black due to the matieral softness. Staining has been far less of an issue with the original Huskys in multiple colors. I've attached pics of my new Huskys & I'm impressed thus far & think they're worthy of consideration for the price as well as the insanely tight fit/coverage area (note that the dead pedal is completely covered). Name:  Husky1.jpg
Views: 7906
Size:  32.8 KBName:  Husky2.jpg
Views: 7693
Size:  29.2 KBName:  Husky3.jpg
Views: 7777
Size:  25.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by drivezki View Post
    I looked at both for my 2011. Huskys were cheaper, but I liked Weathertechs better, and bought them. They are great in every way. But, I don't how long they last. I just may remove them during good weather summer months. Generally I keep my vehicles for 8 to 10 years. Want the floor liners to last.
    I had mine for 2.5 years & they would've probably easily lasted 10 years. I sold them for good $ despite the staining. I would keep them in year-round for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by drivezki View Post
    Are you talking about mats? Civic liners wouldn't fit an Accord, would they?
    Have to be, the FloorLiners were not available & still aren't for a '98 Civic. I also had the original WeatherTech mats in a '97 Civic & they would probably fit an Accord pretty easily (depending on the year).

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    DaveC66: Care to explain why Honda All-seasons were the worst you've ever owned? It'd be interesting to hear from you since you've had first hand experience with 3 different brands.
    Switchblade Key Crew #1

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements