Visor Extenders?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visor Extenders?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Visor Extenders?

Just got my CR-V last week and finally got around to driving on a sunny day with the sun on the driver's side. I pulled the visor over to the side and it didn't seem to extend very far across the window. So little such that it didn't really block the sun from the side of my head.

My wife has an '04 Accord and the visors pull out slightly on the swivel bar so that you can make an adjustment to fix this problem of "sun on the side". I was surprised that the '08 CR-V didn't.

Anyone know where I might be able to find some new, compatible visor mounts that might let me protect my face from the sun without having to sit 3 inches from the steering wheel?

Thanks, Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Try that one - I have not bought one just yet but it looks promising
    AutoSport Catalog - Suntamer Windshield Applique - Suntamer Windshield Applique 800-953-0814

I would stay away from that
    AutoSport Catalog - Sun Zapper Glare Shield - Sun Zapper Glare Shield 800-953-0814
    I have one and it distorts view enough to misjudge distance. I am not sure if it is quality of plastic or just "nature of the beast" but I would not buy it again.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks for the reply, but that's not quite what I meant. I was looking for a more linear type of extension. You know how the visor is on a "bar?" On our other Honda, the visor slides out along the bar/rail. My problem is when the sun is beside me, not in front of me.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    tint your windows and it'll solve your problem

for my car, i put an eyebrow strip on the windshield and 50% tint on front windows. sun? what sun?

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements