2004 dome light question and no lights on warning
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 dome light question and no lights on warning

crv|oc Rank: Member

2004 dome light question and no lights on warning

Hey

I have a 2004 CRV. I cannot get the dome light to go on when I open the door. I have placed the top switch in the middle. Also, if we leave our lights on there is no warning. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rondo79 View Post
    Hey

I have a 2004 CRV. I cannot get the dome light to go on when I open the door. I have placed the top switch in the middle. Also, if we leave our lights on there is no warning. Any ideas?
    Does it come on for any of the doors? Could be a bad door switch or a burnt out dome light bulb.

dome light and no warning

Thanks for your reply. The dome light works. I will try it with the different doors. Thanks again. Any info on the no warning when head lights are left on?

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    Mine doesn't have a warning either for the headlights. I wind up driving to work real early, then leaving them on because when I get there it's day-time and I forget I had them on since there's no buzzer, and then I have to come back to a dead battery.

That's weird, mines an 01, and I have a headlight left on buzzer.

OK, this is an EASY fix. I had this happen to me. Nothing like standing outside in 10 degree weather at 1AM hoping someone driving by will help.

The Symptoms: Headlights On Warning Buzzer no longer sounds when the driver's door is open, the dome light turns on when the other doors are opened but does not do so when the driver's door is open.

The problem: The driver's side door open switch is broken/damaged, mine was by catching the damn seat belt in the door.

Tools/Parts Needed: 1 Philips head screwdriver and MAYBE (don't go buying it first) a new switch.

The solution:
    The switch is a single wire switch that grounds out to the body of the car. It basically, has a central plunger clipped into a piece of flat metal. When I pulled mine out, I could clearly see it was not sitting proerply as it was titled at a slight angle. All I had to do was put HARD pressure on the cyclinder from the BACKSIDE (NOT The rubber coated front side) and I felt it snap back into place. Sure enough it worked again and is working to this day.

The Procedure:
    1. Lift up the cap covering the screw
    2. Remove the screw with the philips head screwdriver
    3. Pull the switch out
    4. Disconnect the single wire (making sure that it can't fall back into the body of the vehicle.
    5. Put hard pressure on the back of the cylinder/plunger.
    6. If it snaps back into place (even slightly), reinstall it by reversing the above procedures.
    7. Test and see if it now works.
    8. If it doesn't work then you need a new switch time to go to the dealer or order it online.
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 11-07-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    2004 White Honda CR-V AT RT4WD
    Retrofitted Acura TL Bixenon Projectors w/ ZKW-R Lenses
    Ocular Shrouds
    Denso Slim Ballasts
    Pioneer Premiere DEH-P980BT with add-on IP-Bus XM Satellite radio tuner (Trek antenna)

This solved my problem, too

I followed your directions, and replaced the door switch myself. It was only $5.50 at the Honda dealer. I think this was my cheapest, easiest auto repair ever.

This Fixed Me As well

Thanks for this great post! Before I realized it wasn't working I drained my battery! My switch had actually just came loose from the little metal casing. Pushed it back in and life is good once again!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    OK, this is an EASY fix. I had this happen to me. Nothing like standing outside in 10 degree weather at 1AM hoping someone driving by will help.

The Symptoms: Headlights On Warning Buzzer no longer sounds when the driver's door is open, the dome light turns on when the other doors are opened but does not do so when the driver's door is open.

The problem: The driver's side door open switch is broken/damaged, mine was by catching the damn seat belt in the door.

Tools/Parts Needed: 1 Philips head screwdriver and MAYBE (don't go buying it first) a new switch.

The solution:
    The switch is a single wire switch that grounds out to the body of the car. It basically, has a central plunger clipped into a piece of flat metal. When I pulled mine out, I could clearly see it was not sitting proerply as it was titled at a slight angle. All I had to do was put HARD pressure on the cyclinder from the BACKSIDE (NOT The rubber coated front side) and I felt it snap back into place. Sure enough it worked again and is working to this day.

The Procedure:
    3. Pull the switch out
    4. Disconnect the single wire (making sure that it can't fall back into the body of the vehicle.
    6. If it snaps back into place (even slightly), reinstall it by reversing the above procedures.
    8. If it doesn't work then you need a new switch time to go to the dealer or order it online.
    Pedro,
    What great troubleshooting and accurate information !!
    I had the same issue in my CRV 2003 - no buzzer with lights on. Suffered 3-4 times due to a drained battery. After reading your post, I did remember the seat belt getting stuck several times.
    I followed your instructions, and now the buzzer is back.

The dome light however is probably a case of a loose connection. it works sometimes and doesnt at other times. it came on and went off randomly when i was trying to pry the lens open.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post

The solution:

The Procedure:
    3. Pull the switch out
    Pedro,
    What great troubleshooting and accurate information !!
    I had the same issue in my CRV 2003 - no buzzer with lights on. Suffered 3-4 times due to a drained battery. After reading your post, I did remember the seat belt getting stuck several times.
    I followed your instructions, and now the buzzer is back.

The dome light however is probably a case of a loose connection. it works sometimes and doesnt at other times. it came on and went off randomly when i was trying to pry the lens open.

Thanks.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements