2013 Wheel well material
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Wheel well material

crv|oc Rank: Member

2013 Wheel well material

Anyone know what's up with the wheel well liner material on the new CRV? It looks like some kind of felt material like what lines the trunk in the Accord. I guess it's there to reduce tire noise, but seems like an odd material to put in a wheel well - will hold water, dirt, etc. and be hard to clean I would think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I can't imagine that Honda would put a material that would hold water in that location, at least I hope they wouldn't. To answer your question, No, I don't know what it is, but your guess that it's for noise reduction sounds right.
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Alabaster Silver with Black interior

I'll see how it holds up in the long run. When detailing, I usually scrub the wells with tire cleaner and a brush and use an undercarriage or tire spray. Will have to experiment with the best way to clean this stuff and keep it looking decent.

I saw the same type of material in the rear wheel wells on a 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid yesterday and wondered too why they would put a material like that in a wheelwell? It looked like a trunk liner material. I actually had to feel of it to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was. I think the reason is sound deadening, but it sure doesn't seem like a good idea. I have a 2012 and haven't looked at a '13 that closely.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements