Folding side mirrors on 2014 EX-L
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folding side mirrors on 2014 EX-L

crv|oc Rank: Member

Folding side mirrors on 2014 EX-L

Hello -

Brand new here, and just brought home my 2014 EX-L from the dealer today. Went to pull it into the garage, and wanted to fold the mirrors in (like I had done on the test drive model), and it appears I do not have them on my car. There are no buttons to do it, and in reviewing the owner's manual, I only found one vague mention about the folding mirrors - it says to fold them in when going through a car wash. But going to both the Honda website and reading the brochure, it certainly appears to me that they are supposed to be standard equipment on all models?

Am I missing something obvious here, or is my car really missing the mirrors I was expecting?

(Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere - I couldn't find an applicable thread, but as I said - I'm brand new here).

Thanks so much for any help -
    Diane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    from what i know, you have to do it manually. I don't think they offer power-folding side mirrors for 2014 U.S model. Maybe next year....

Hello Luan -

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I could have sworn that the model which I test-drove had the power folding mirrors, because I remember hitting the wrong button when I went to adjust the mirrors, and they folded in on me. Here is what the Honda web-site has:

Folding Power Side Mirrors including Expanded View Driver's Mirror

Parking in cramped quarters? Not to fear. The side mirrors conveniently fold inward, giving you a few extra inches of breathing room. And when you're on the road, the driver's mirror features a wide viewing angle to help you keep tabs on your surroundings.

I guess that can be interpreted either way - it is not clear if the power refers to the mirror adjustment alone (which I do have) or if it also refers to the folding operation.

And maybe my memory is bad too, and that occurred on a different model car that I test drove.

thanks again -
    Diane

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    It sounds like you do have power folding mirrors (I wish ours did) but you just need to figure out how to use them.
    Have you read your owner's manual? I bet it tells you.

Hello 20CRVEX13 -

I did search the owner's manual pretty thoroughly (both my paper copy and the one I downloaded from the web), and all it shows is how to adjust the mirrors for optimal viewing. It does not have anything about automatically folding in the mirrors. I suppose I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way, roll down the window, and move it in myself - but I was expecting not to have to do that.

I did send an email to my sales guy at the dealership, so I hope to hear back from him on Monday.

Thanks again - and have good rest of your weekend.
    Diane

We have to get out of the car and fold in the passenger side mirror to get into our garage, so rolling down the window one ups us.
    I'll bet there's a switch near the mirror adjustment switch that changes not only which side you're adjusting but also whether or not you're folding it in.
    Can you take a picture of your driver's side arm rest on the door, maybe we can spot it.
    If it was on the demo car, it's on your model too. It's just hiding really well.

I just checked the Honda website and they don't mention power folding mirrors, but do mention folding power mirrors.
    Guess we're stuck with the old fashioned way of doing it.
    Last edited by 20CRVEX13; 10-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.

That's what I keep thinking too - it was really easy to do accidentally. I have tried every combination of button pushing that I can think of. Here is a picture of what it looks like - I "borrowed" this from the owner's manual, mine looks identical to it. The forward most control is the slider switch with only three positions Left, Neutral, Right. Obviously used for selecting which mirror to adjust. And the next button down is the directional button, used to move whichever mirror is selected in the desired direction (up, down, left, right). All those adjustments work fine, and completely as expected. I've tried other combinations - leaving the switch in the neutral position and moving the button in all directions, including pressing in the middle. Nothing has worked. I'm pretty well convinced that I don't have the power folding option. Luckily, there is enough room in the garage to leave them as is, but I was hoping to get them out of the way a little bit, so lessen the changes of banging into them when I'm moving around between cars.

Name:  door side panel.PNG
Views: 3123
Size:  48.7 KB

Thanks again.

You have folding power mirrors, not power folding mirrors. You will not find any combination of buttons to make them power fold.

This;
    "And maybe my memory is bad too, and that occurred on a different model car that I test drove".

You should have an extra button in the area to where the arrows are pointing below.

Name:  i8Nd8Lv.png
Views: 3085
Size:  67.5 KB
    Pedro

Hello.

I just bought a EXL 2014, so I had the same expectation because my sister has a RAV4 2013 (the cheaper version!!) and it has the power folding option. I forgot to check it at the dealer.

I searched over all internet, and I looked some CRV versions (asian and mexico), them have the power folding option with an extra button. Mine doesn't .. so I concluded my car doesn't have the power folding .

I tried to fold in manually but I CAN'T !!

DianeS: Can you fold them in manually??

Thank you!

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements