Headlight bulb replacement
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headlight bulb replacement

crv|oc Rank: Junior

Headlight bulb replacement

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you exactly replace the headlights on the CRV 06-08?

Well here's the thing. I have a friend who wants to change his 05 Civic's headlights to Silverstars but I do not quite know how to change the 9006 bulbs. I only know how to do the 9003..

Do you just twist and turn the 9006 bulbs? I know the CRV (3rd gen) and the 05 Civic have the same 9006 headlight bulbs (according to the sylvania bulb guide)
    2000 Honda CR-V SE->Naples Gold Metallic->Charcoal Interior-> *RETIRED* at 63,024 miles

1997 Honda CR-V EX->Silver with Grey Interior->Vacation car in the Philippines (The only CR-V in my possession)
    2001 Lexus RX300 {Silversport}->Millenium Silver->Black Interior (Current Workhorse)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    2006 CRV is different than the 2007 and 2008; 07 and 08 use H4 bulb which has low and high beam in the same bulb and 2006 has one bulb for low beam and another for high beam.
    9006 bulbs are replaced by either twisting the bulb itself or in some cars you have to twist a plastic (bulb holder) to release the bulb which will come out straight without twisting.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    My bad I just realized that the 06s were still the 2nd Generation lol.

I attempted my friend's car (not a V but a Civic) and it's more difficult to change the bulbs in that compared to the V. There's NO space for your hand to go through so my service advisor told me that you have to access it from the bottom of the car, or through the fender.

No wonder my other friend who helped me change the bulbs on my CRV appreciated the V so much. It has all the room in the world for big hands (like mine) to fit through hehe
    2000 Honda CR-V SE->Naples Gold Metallic->Charcoal Interior-> *RETIRED* at 63,024 miles

1997 Honda CR-V EX->Silver with Grey Interior->Vacation car in the Philippines (The only CR-V in my possession)
    2001 Lexus RX300 {Silversport}->Millenium Silver->Black Interior (Current Workhorse)

crv|oc Rank: Member

bulbs

you might want to try disconnecting the bulb from the harness first, then attempt to twist it free.
    i was suprised at how much room my 08 V had for changing the bulbs. made it a kwick and easy job...

crv|oc Rank: Member

changing the bulbs in the headlights

The easiest way is to go to the dealer and pay them to do it.
    It really wasnt all that more expensive compared to the 3 bulbs I bought and had my son in law try to change. The bulbs lasted less than a week. I kept telling him 'dont touch the bulb' and even gave him gloves but they still blew.
    The bulbs changed by the dealer have been fine.
    I was just surprised that both headlights needed replacing so soon. My Civic never needed anything done. My CRV is needy.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements