Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rear Bumper Guard vs. Appliqué

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ampete04 
#1 ·
Hi I wanted to get something to protect the rear bumper from scratches when i throw stuff in the back. I've seen stainless steel guards and the official Honda Rear Bumper Appliqué. Anyone have experience with either? Recommend one over the other?

#2 ·
I'm going to the UK in a few weeks and have some of my friends that work at Honda order me these items for the UK model. They aren't offered in America but seem to be nicer than some of the aftermarket options.

#8 ·
Yeah there are a few different options. I was trying to see if anyone had installed either kind and what their thoughts were. I was concerned that the stainless steel type could interfere with the rear door closing (seems like a pretty tight clearance). Then again the official Honda "Applique" might not protect much.

#11 ·
I know there are a few options out there. I'm not big on non-OEM quality stuff so that is why these European OEM Honda Accessory items appeal to me. I'm working on getting those parts ordered.

#13 ·
I bought the Honda CRV cargo liner when I purchased my car. Check under CRV accessories on Honda's site to see it ~ I'm new here and don't have enough posts to place a link in my post. :(

In addition to the cargo area, it covers the bumper, the sides of the cargo area and the back of the rear seats. It is perfect for loading my bike in the back while protecting the surfaces and that flap is available to cover the bumper at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.