2007 CRV Brake Pad Replacement
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 CRV Brake Pad Replacement

crv|oc Rank: Member

2007 CRV Brake Pad Replacement

Hi, Im going to change the front and rear pads and discs on my 2007 Honda CRV 2.2 ES - Anyone attempted this before, is it easy? - anything i need to be aware of or specific tools needed please. difficult to force the pistons back etc. thank you in advance. Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    I expect that it will be just as easy to do brakes as on other Honda products...most of the hardware is similar.

I see that the TSB list has been blocked again...otherwise I could direct you to a TSB that explains what points to lubricate...a VERY important process, especially in the rear .

I force the pistons back simply by pulling on the calipers. It's either easy... or I don't know my own strength!

Make sure you remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir so that it doesn't overflow onto your paint.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I have always used a big "C" clamp to open the piston. I have heard you can cause problems if it doesn't go back in straight and you should use the special tool for it, but I have never had a problem. Open the lid on the master cylinder to relieve the vacuum pressure and probably is a good idea to remove a bit of fluid as stated above. The most annoying thing with Hondas are the 2 set screws they put in the rotors to hold them on during assembly at the factory.

I never get to work on anything new, so not sure how much has changed.

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shryp View Post
    The most annoying thing with Hondas are the 2 set screws they put in the rotors to hold them on during assembly at the factory.
    You only need to mess with the caliper screws if you are removing the rotors to turn or replace them. If you are not suffering from any brake vibration, you can leave well enough alone. (Just roughen the braking surface of the calipers to aid seating of the new pads)

It is handy to have an impact driver to remove the screws. If you have to, you can easily drill the screw-heads off. That's a 15 minute delay at most. You don't need to reinstall them.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

crv|oc Rank: Member
    When changing brake pads it is also a good idea to change/flush brake fluid.

If your not going to change the brake fluid, when pushing back the caliper piston, crack the bleeder screw. Not only will it make compressing the piston easier, you avoid pushing old dirty brake fluid back through the ABS Module and, you don't have to worry about the old fluid over flowing from the master cyl.

When done, top off the master cyl. with fresh brake fluid.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements