oil pressure sensor - stuck connector
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oil pressure sensor - stuck connector

crv|oc Rank: Member CoCotheHouseBoy's Avatar

oil pressure sensor - stuck connector

04 crv- The oil pressure sensor is leaking oil, so I need to replace it. However, I am struggling to get the plastic connector off of the end of the sensor. Is there a trick that I don't know? I don't want to bust the plastic end of the wiring.

Also, should I use a small amount of liquid gasket on the threads of the new sensor when I screw it back in?

Thanks in advance.

J.J.
    2004 CRV LX
    5-Spd Manual Trans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Most electrical automotive connectors have a tab on the plastic housing that locks them in place as they are installed. You must first release the tab & then try to remove the connector. If you try to force it before it is released (as I think you have) it will jam locked. You will have to find the release tab (should be fairly obvious now that you know about it), and fully release it completely before trying to move the connector off. You may have to push the connector on a bit to let the tab release. You may need a small flat bladed screw driver to release the tab. Sorry, I am not familiar with the tab on that one.
    I don't think liquid gasket will be required, it is more likely a crush washer will be in place and you should be able to reuse it or order one just in case. If no washer shows up then look for signs of gasket goop.
    Last edited by fixer; 08-03-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: added text

Thanks. I did not see a release, but I will take a closer look, and try what you have suggested
    2004 CRV LX
    5-Spd Manual Trans.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    CoCo,
    Any luck on removing the connector? The service manual for my 05-06 just says to 'remove the YEL/RED wire from the engine oil switch' but doesn't show a tab or anything. It looks like it's just supposed to pull apart. I took a look at mine, and it seems to be covered with a rubber cap. Hope you were able to figure it out.

Thanks for the reply.

I did get the connector off a couple of hours ago. There is no obvious release, once you roll the rubber cap back. I squeezed the back end of the plastic sleeve (which has two wires, I believe red and yellow, through it) connected to the rear of the switch. With some wiggling, and not too much force, the connector popped off. I managed to change out the switch and put it back together. So far, no visible leaks, but I will keep my eye on it.
    2004 CRV LX
    5-Spd Manual Trans.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements