rear wiper blade size??
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rear wiper blade size??

crv|oc Rank: Member

rear wiper blade size??

does anyone know the size of the rear wiper blade? The manual doesn't say and the books in auto stores don't say as well which I found odd. It's as if the V doesn't have a rear wiper to all the manufacturers of wipers.

also has anyone replaced the rear wiper as well? I've read the instructions and its different from the front ones. The rear wiper looks completely different from the front ones. The rear ones look like they don't have that hook like how the front wipers of most cars have. anyone have problems replacing them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Can't find it in the manual? Can't find it in auto parts stores? How much trouble would it be to use a ruler?

I've replaced the rubber insert on mine. It's 12" on a 2006.

on my '98, I just measured and bought that length. as for installation, the arm has a hook and you have to place the plastic connector inside the loop before using your geometric prowess to figure out how to put it through the blade and connect. took me like 10 minutes.

my issue is that the spring in the arm has rusted completely and snapped off. I got one of those patented outer springs to compensate, but I can't get any window contact after even bending the arm towards the window. VERY frustrating.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahmer View Post
    on my '98, I just measured and bought that length. as for installation, the arm has a hook and you have to place the plastic connector inside the loop before using your geometric prowess to figure out how to put it through the blade and connect. took me like 10 minutes.

my issue is that the spring in the arm has rusted completely and snapped off. I got one of those patented outer springs to compensate, but I can't get any window contact after even bending the arm towards the window. VERY frustrating.

any ideas?

incorrect, the 2007/2008 CR-V's use an insert similar to the Civic/newer Honda automobiles.

Your dealer should be able to find the appropriate insert.
    2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan 6MT - Fiji Blue Pearl
    -Honda MusicLink
    -Honda All-Season Floor Mats
    -Honda Trunk Tray
    -StrutKing Dead Pedal

2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L 5AT - Whistler Silver Metallic
    -Honda MusicLink
    -Honda Trunk Tray

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    You may want to simply try your local dealer. For some odd reason, Honda's have always had super-cheap (inexpensive) wiper blade refills if purchased thru the dealer. Not sure if true on the 07/08. Let us know.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 2RedV's View Post
    You may want to simply try your local dealer. For some odd reason, Honda's have always had super-cheap (inexpensive) wiper blade refills if purchased thru the dealer. Not sure if true on the 07/08. Let us know.

indeed... costs about $20 to replace all 3 (including installation) at my local dealer.
    2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan 6MT - Fiji Blue Pearl
    -Honda MusicLink
    -Honda All-Season Floor Mats
    -Honda Trunk Tray
    -StrutKing Dead Pedal

2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L 5AT - Whistler Silver Metallic
    -Honda MusicLink
    -Honda Trunk Tray

Quote Originally Posted by 2RedV's View Post
    I actually want to have high quality wiper blades on my car...only want the best for my baby hehe

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    I always buy the Honda rubber inserts. As Red said, they are inexpensive compared to buying the whole assembly and you know they will work (not too stiff, they conform well to the window curvature, and they last awhile).

I'll be replacing the fronts for the first time this spring! I've had the replacement blades on hand for a year...
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements