How long will my CRV last?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How long will my CRV last?

crv|oc Rank: Member

How long will my CRV last?

Serious question! I have a 2000 CRV, with 120k miles and has been pretty well maintained. I never see them with high milage - when do they generally call it quits? I've owned a few Mazda Protege-type cars, and they all seem to make it to 200k without any major problems. I realize this is a very subjective question, and you can keep anything running as long as you replace parts, but I'm more interested in a general sense, how long does the transmission hold up, motor, etc? I'm making a car decision at the moment, and don't know if it's worth keeping at the moment or not. I'm not able to buy a newer car at the moment, but I don't want to hold onto the CRV if it's going to die in the next year or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Honda engines and transmissions are very reliable and if you don't beat on it very hard a CR-V will last your over 200,000 miles easily

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    You can check out:

High Mileage CRVs out there? - HondaSUV Forums - Discussion forum and bulletin board for Honda CR-V, CRV, Element, Pilot, HR-V owners

Back in 2006, there was a guy with a 98 CRV that already had 275k miles.

Thanks

That's exactly what I was looking for. I've never seen one with such high mileage, but I know Hondas are outstanding in the realm of longevity. That's good to know, thanks much, this is a great forum!

Smile Crv 2003

hi! mine is a 2003 and it has 313,000 Km...i bought it pre owned...so i think it will still last for a couple of years...i hope...

My '98 has 230, 000 KM on it. It needed work on the front end, I just did the differential fluid, and the timing belt is coming up. The tranny does this weird laggy thing, so I probably need to get that looked at, too. A lot of work for a used car, but I expect it to last a couple more years as a second vehicle with little depreciation. I expect to get it to 300, 000 KM

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonium View Post
    My '98 has 230, 000 KM on it. It needed work on the front end, I just did the differential fluid, and the timing belt is coming up. The tranny does this weird laggy thing, so I probably need to get that looked at, too. A lot of work for a used car, but I expect it to last a couple more years as a second vehicle with little depreciation. I expect to get it to 300, 000 KM
    you will get way more then 300 k miles but thats if you keep everything up to date and on schedule and you need too get the tranny noise looked at if anything get it looked at at the dealer pay dor the diag time and fix it your self but good luck man

mine is just a 98 awd ex mt and i have only 142,5xx miles

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Honda's will last as long as you take care of them, barring an accident which crunches your car. My sister in law had an 1998 Accord with 378,000 Miles and it was running great up until the day a truck rear ended her and the insurance wouldn't pay to fix it.

I plan on keeping mine will past the 200K mile range.

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    You're Cr-v will probably run till the end of next week. Plan all your camping and stuff before then. Hondas have a reputation for being the least reliable car ever. The most reliable car ever was the 1st gen Ford Pinto and the last generation Ford Tempo. Honda is nowhere near their build quality, trade it in now.

If you don't drive it, it might last.....forever?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements