"OIL LIFE" reset? help!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "OIL LIFE" reset? help!

crv|oc Rank: Member

"OIL LIFE" reset? help!

just got my 1st oil and filter changed at 5,000 miles and i'm a little concerned because the "oil life" setting on the instrument panel still reads 60%... is there a reset switch for this? thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by kez7 View Post
    just got my 1st oil and filter changed at 5,000 miles and i'm a little concerned because the "oil life" setting on the instrument panel still reads 60%... is there a reset switch for this? thanks for the help.
    Take a look at:Cant reset maintenance finder

If it's a MM reset issue "Black Pearl" can and probably will help you.

crv|oc Rank: Silver

MM Reset

I am assuming that you have an 07 or 08 North American CR-V. Your owners manual has the correct procedure for resetting the MMI. Note that the shop manual procedure (at least the 2007 manual) is incorrect.

It usually take me about 5 attempts before I get it to reset. I think you have to follow the steps in a rather snappy order. Stopping to read the next step may cause the system to slip out of reset mode. You may find it helpful to have someone read the instructions out loud while you perform them. Again use your owners manual, not the shop manual.

Good luck with your reset.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Incredible timing "Black Pearl". How do you do that? How do you know when you are being summoned?

crv|oc Rank: Member

thank you both!

worked like a charm! I just changed the oil for the first time at 5000 miles and still had 60% oil life left... I bought my CRV new from a dealer that had lifetime powertrain warranty... yes I thought, then the fine print states oil must be changed every 3,750 miles!! what a scam selling point!! I even called honda and they said that sounds like something "set up to fail"

well at least honda's are super dependable anyway!

how often/how many miles do you guys recommend oil changes?

I put in an API certified synthetic blend... good?

crv|oc Rank: Senior

Talking Opinions may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by kez7 View Post
    worked like a charm! I just changed the oil for the first time at 5000 miles and still had 60% oil life left... I bought my CRV new from a dealer that had lifetime powertrain warranty... yes I thought, then the fine print states oil must be changed every 3,750 miles!! what a scam selling point!! I even called honda and they said that sounds like something "set up to fail"

well at least honda's are super dependable anyway!

how often/how many miles do you guys recommend oil changes?

I put in an API certified synthetic blend... good?

Yes indeed that sounds like a scam to me! The debate about oil changes has spilled lots of virtual ink on this and many other forums. Ultimately it's your choice on what you do as we have no vested interest in the vehicle. Personally I follow the MMS and use Penzoil platinum and changes run a few hundred over the 10k mark for me. Others on this forum have ranged from 2000 miles on up (some were not following the MMS). I do just 2 oil changes per year and love my honda CRV.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements