Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this a jacking point?

Tags
jacking point
10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jreagan 
#1 ·
Greetings!

I was under my '07 CR-V this evening changing my oil and filter. I spotted a tubular steel cross member ahead of and below the sump. It has a rectangular piece, with a transverse slot in it, welded to the bottom center of the tube.
It looks to me like a jacking point for a hydraulic floor jack.

The CR-V owner's manual shows just four jacking points, just behind each front wheel, and just ahead of each rear wheel.

My old '88 Civic AWD Wagon has the same four as above, but also one at the front center and one at the rear center of the car. Those center points make lifting it onto jack stands much easier.

Anybody here have a service manual for the '07 yet? If so does IT show additional jacking points??

Thanks!

#3 ·
OSX2000 said:
Every Honda I've ever seen has had 6 jack points, so I'll bet you found the front one.
Thanks for the feedback OSX2000.

I looked closer at the rear cross member, and sure enough it has a similar lateral "nub" welded to its bottom center. I believe these are to give a hydraulic floor jack "dish" something to grip and prevent slippage.

Anyway, I used these to raise my car and get jack stands under it for its first tire rotation and no glass popped so all is groovy! :)

I guess Honda doesn't mention these jack points in the owner's manual due to liability concerns. After all, they are not compatible with the supplied scissor jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.