31,000 and A12 code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 31,000 and A12 code

crv|oc Rank: Member

31,000 and A12 code

Got the A12 code this week and almost 31,000 on the vehicle. Got the A1 code approx. 10,000 and again approx. 20,000 mile intervals. The selling dealer (where we had the A1 codes done) was adament about a 30,000 mile service and it would be $300.

Today I stopped by our local dealer (who couldn't/wouldn't meet the price of the selling dealer for the purchase) and asked about prices and what was included. They have a printed hand-out with the Honda Required Maintenance Packages with the A and B codes listed with what is included and a page with the Sub Items performed WITH Package A or B as well as individual maintenance service prices. This local dealer has a total price of $143.45 for codes A12. This hand-out is for server driving conditions as we have the muddy, dusty roads and a LOT of HOT degree days.

For some reason I was thinking the B code pops up around the 30,000 mark but that could be because of what the selling dealer's service dept. said. I do know I had figured (using their prices) that the service was $300 and a new set of tires would be due close to the same time.

Neither dealer uses Honda oil. Selling dealer uses Penn oil and local dealer uses Chevron oil.

When can I expect that B code to actually pop up as I would hate to do the A12 and then just a few more miles have the B code show up?
    2013 LX Alabaster Silver
    "The Silver Sipper II"
    Metallic with Gray fabric

35 per cent tint all around
    Draw-Tite Hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampbaby View Post

When can I expect that B code to actually pop up as I would hate to do the A12 and then just a few more miles have the B code show up?
    The way the system is supposed to work is when the vehicle is due for an oil change based on the oil life monitor, the first oil change will be an 'A' designation (for oil only, no filter) and the next oil change will be a 'B' designation for oil and filter replacement, along with a few simple visual inspections. The numerical sub-codes indicate various other routine recommended maintenance items, and will alway be tied into the 'A' or 'B' main code.

The system will not have you do a given maintenance, and then suddenly toss another recommendation at you - it'll be tied into the next oil change interval.

FWIW, I don't know too many people who actually do an oil change without replacing the filter at the same time, and the visual inspections (belts, fluids, exhaust, suspension, etc...) are pretty much a given when the vehicle is up in the air - I mean, come on, are you supposed to put blinders on because it's in for an 'A' main, not a 'B'?
    mook /muk/
    noun: Slang. An insignificant, contemptible, or incompetent person.

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Motorcycle Riding in West By God Virginia

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...postcount=3415

crv|oc Rank: Silver

X2 With the Mook

As though I would be stupid enough to disagree with him. Well I am stupid enough, just not brave enough.

Something don't seem right. It should alternate between A and B. I always worry with the inept fumbling I go through to reset the damn thing that I might end up resetting it for several cycles. I hope it has enough smarts to know that a second reset should be ignored.

There is no way a properly operating MMI would not schedule a filter change in 30K.

My codes were as follows:

8K A1

16K B16

24K A12

And yes you should be using severe service. Well the MMI should be using the severe service.

I wonder if somehow yours got reset prior to getting to the B service, thus you never saw anything but A service.

And apparently we have yet another dealer yacking that 30000 mile service crap when Honda says to use the MMI.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Something don't seem right. It should alternate between A and B. I always worry with the inept fumbling I go through to reset the damn thing that I might end up resetting it for several cycles. I hope it has enough smarts to know that a second reset should be ignored.

There is no way a properly operating MMI would not schedule a filter change in 30K.

I wonder if somehow yours got reset prior to getting to the B service, thus you never saw anything but A service.

And apparently we have yet another dealer yacking that 30000 mile service crap when Honda says to use the MMI.
    The oil filter is changed at each oil change. Think we'll do all the visual inspections we can and let the local dealer do the rest. That yacking dealer is the same one where the service "advisor" got really in my face about changing oil every 3,000 miles - which is the very reason I don't care about going back to them. Oh yeah, somehow the service book was not in the vehicle and I had to ask them for one. What they did was simply pull one from another vehicle file, draw a line through the info and write my vehicle info. Did not make me a happy camper at that point.

To my knowledge only a dealer has done any reset of the MM so who knows what happened. Thanks for the info.
    2013 LX Alabaster Silver
    "The Silver Sipper II"

Draw-Tite Hitch

What is the average rate for the A12 service? I just had my 2007 EX service completed at 29k miles and it cost $250 w/o tax in Illinois.

My A12 service included..
    lube, oil & filter change, rotate tires, air cleaner element, pollen filter, inspect under the hood & undercarriage

Quote Originally Posted by bspape2 View Post
    What is the average rate for the A12 service? I just had my 2007 EX service completed at 29k miles and it cost $250 w/o tax in Illinois.

My A12 service included..
    lube, oil & filter change, rotate tires, air cleaner element, pollen filter, inspect under the hood & undercarriage
    My same services this week was a total of $140.75 plus tax.
    2013 LX Alabaster Silver
    "The Silver Sipper II"

Draw-Tite Hitch

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampbaby View Post
    My same services this week was a total of $140.75 plus tax.
    I DIY'd all that stuff yesterday...for about $35.

also inspected/lubricated the rear brake caliper sliders (they seize up from road salt), adjusted the valve clearance, and changed my manual transmission oil.

Still have to replace the brake fluid (it's been three years)
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

pollen air filter

My dealer service menu is $110 dollars for this, how can this be possible when I just changed it myself for $17

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements