2000 CRV Valve Timing Adjustment Question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 CRV Valve Timing Adjustment Question

crv|oc Rank: Member

2000 CRV Valve Timing Adjustment Question

My recently purchased used 2000 CRV had a valve timing adjustment at 97000km and is now a 160,000km. How can i be sure that it does or doesn't require an adjustment again now? Should I do it anyway just to know its been done? Also, on of the spark plug ports (deep on this model) has some oil build up (not pooling yet). Should I have the valve cover gasket immediatly or wait until its worse? Would the gasket get changed anyway with a valve timing adjust?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDKittmer
    My recently purchased used 2000 CRV had a valve timing adjustment at 97000km and is now a 160,000km. How can i be sure that it does or doesn't require an adjustment again now? Should I do it anyway just to know its been done? Also, on of the spark plug ports (deep on this model) has some oil build up (not pooling yet). Should I have the valve cover gasket immediatly or wait until its worse? Would the gasket get changed anyway with a valve timing adjust?
    You are overdue for the valve adjustment. At 160,000km's you are due for a timing belt replacement. You can have the valves adjusted at the same time.

The spark plug holes have a seal that it easily replaced. Have them replaced when you have the valves adjusted. Ask the tech that does the valve adjustment to adjust them to the loose side of the specs and give you the before and after measurements so you can track it later.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements