any grease point to do grease as routine maintenance ???
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any grease point to do grease as routine maintenance ???

crv|oc Rank: Member

any grease point to do grease as routine maintenance ???

hi experts,
    in general honda CRV -2005 auto, AWD , 2.4L , north american(canada)
    has any grease or lubrication point underneth which has to be lubricate under regular maintenance ????
    the V any no problem at all !!! just pre-winter preparation only !!!

help appriciated.... thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    one thing i must mention is the rear differential fluid
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONTI drive a 1997 JEEP CHEROKEE
    lifted 8 inches on super swampers
    locked and geared

thanks for suggestion !!

hi,
    thanks for suggestion, the only thing i have left underneth now that is rear differencial !!!!
    my point is like ball joints/tie rods/ wheel bearing or other moving stuff ??
    of course i didn't see any grease point over it so not worried !!! but just curious to know ! and more easy life

again thanks for suggestion....

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    nope, no grease points as far as i know! but im glad you are concerned its people like you who i love buying used cars from .
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONTI drive a 1997 JEEP CHEROKEE
    lifted 8 inches on super swampers
    locked and geared

Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    There are no factory grease fittings. If aftermarket sway bar ends are installed, these will sometimes have fittings for the grease gun.

+++++++++++

I try to keep myself busy while the oil is draining by lubricating the variuos rubber boots under the car. My ever growing list includes the CV joint boots (2 on each half-shaft), F&R; the sway bar end links; suspension and subframe bushings; steering rack "gaiters" (accordion-like end and middle seals); and lower ball joint and tie-rod end seals.

I use a spray silicone lube on all these parts. I figure the silicone will keep the rubber covers supple and the joints intact longer. I also get more old oil out of the engine that way...
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

silicon means white grease??

hi,
    you mean the white silicon grease ?? which we use for door and general perpose ??
    as long as me and other member mention there is no direct grease point at all for grease perpose.
    just wondering about your post as well want to know all joint and point you mention is under sealed type rubber cap so did you lift up little lips and spary grease with tiny spray pipe which comes useally with grease bottle ???

reply appriciated ... thanks in advance

Hi Neel,
    No I meant Silicone Spray, NOT white grease:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/HAINES%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

I just soak the OUTSIDE of the rubber caps to keep them flexible.

+++++++++++++

If you are determined to inject grease into a joint you can use a needle with your grease gun like this:

(Shown with protective cap)

The grease needle can inject lubricant either by piercing the rubber boot or slipping under the edge of the rubber (as on a lower ball joint)

HTH
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    NJ

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

thanks a lot !!!!!

hi,
    thank you for picture for better understand.
    you suggesting same way what i was thinking around to set.

thanks again...!!!!

RHZ
    I had this same question because I'm starting to get some wicked noise coming out of the driver side wheel on our gen2. I'm worried the bearing needs to be replaced and it sounds like a bitch to do.

09 Cobalt SS/TC

Quote Originally Posted by RHZ View Post
    I had this same question because I'm starting to get some wicked noise coming out of the driver side wheel on our gen2. I'm worried the bearing needs to be replaced and it sounds like a bitch to do.
    Wheel bearings make a URRRRR noise at speed, increasing and decreasing on curves, as the bad bearing will be under more or less pressure. Replacing Honda wheel bearings requires a press, and the new wheel bearings need to be properly oriented, or the ABS system will not work. I farmed the job out on our Acura.

++++++++++++

Clunking during parking lot maneuvers (speed bumps) is usually caused by sloppy sway-bar end links. Try the front ones first...if you want to troubleshoot beforehand, disconnect the sway bar entirely and go for a short drive to see if the clunking is present.

There is a video on YouTube showing the replacement of end-links...search there, for videos by Fishycomics.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    NJ

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements