Cabin AC Filter??
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabin AC Filter??

crv|oc Rank: Member

Cabin AC Filter??

Hi Gents, I'm new here so please bear with me.
    In my service dep they refused to tell me how to open the glove box, so I can replace the a>c filter myself. They want $150.-just to replace the cabin filter! I've been told that the filter is burry deap inside the panel and the whole dash board must go out.There are two tops on each side of the glove compartment box, which needs to be removed. My question is how? Should I use a screwderiver to pry them out? The filter is just behind it, no big deal at all. Just to open the box and you got it. This save you $150.-bucks.
    Thanks n' cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    Hi Gents, I'm new here so please bear with me.
    In my service dep they refused to tell me how to open the glove box, so I can replace the a>c filter myself. They want $150.-just to replace the cabin filter! I've been told that the filter is burry deap inside the panel and the whole dash board must go out.There are two tops on each side of the glove compartment box, which needs to be removed. My question is how? Should I use a screwderiver to pry them out? The filter is just behind it, no big deal at all. Just to open the box and you got it. This save you $150.-bucks.
    Thanks n' cheers.
    They lie like dogs. It's a 5 minute deal. Open the glove box and remove the limit stop on each side by pushing them in. This allows the glove box to lower all the way down. You then have full access to the TWO filters.
    Watch this video. i made the wife watch it and do the filters on her 04 herself. She couldn't believe how easy it was and that dealers routinely charge $150 for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fyG1_G65I-s
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

Wow! Thanks a lot Red.
    I'm very disapointed with Honda service. They also wants to replace the differential oil for measly $130.- bucks at 15,000 miles.
    This is Fremont Honda.[Bay area.]
    Great board and great people here.
    Thanks again n' cheers.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
    Wow! Thanks a lot Red.
    I'm very disapointed with Honda service. They also wants to replace the differential oil for measly $130.- bucks at 15,000 miles.
    This is Fremont Honda.[Bay area.]
    Great board and great people here.
    Thanks again n' cheers.
    Paul.
    Glad to help.
    Call Honda Corporate and tell them (politely) that your very low mileage rear diff fluid needs changed according to the dealer and since the owners manual says it doesn't need to be done until 90,000 miles, it should be covered under warranty.

If they balk, buy 2 quarts of Dual-Pump fluid from the dealer (approx $6 each) and do it yourself. It is quite easy. If I recall, the book rate is around .6 of an hour or 36 minutes.

Ha, ha. Good idea. Why I didn't think about it.
    However, thanks to your advice the A/C filter is done.
    Cheers.

Cabin filter on a 2000 CRV

Changing the cabin filter on a 2000 Honda CRV is a little more difficult than on the later models and takes about 20 to 30 minutes. But it is worth the time since the Honda Service folks always overcharge.

Is the cabin A/C filter/filters standard on all Hondas? This Wabbaloo has a 2001 and 2007 CRV.

EDIT: Just went out and checked - my 2001 CRV glove box looks like the one in the video, but my new 2007's glove box doesn't have those 2 thingees that you push out. Any suggestions on what brand of filter to buy? I can't wait to smell my 2001 with new filters!

The Wabb is much obliged...
    Last edited by wabbaloo; 06-19-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: update
    2001 CRV (red)
    2007 CRV EXL (whistling silver meth)

The Honda filter seems to be much better made than the aftermarket ones.
    Your 07 shouldn't need new filters for quite a while.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Pavel, Acutally its a good idea to change it at 15K, you have to remember gears are wearing in and there will be a few metal shavings in the gear lube which is normal for break in periods. But I wouldn't let the dealership do it, you can get the lube from parts and then DIY.

Chris

Just pickup the wifes 2007 cr-v and was amazed that Honda would tell you how to change the lightbulbs, etc., some of which require tools and then tell you to take it to the "stealer" to have the cabin air filter replaced.......The 2007 is the easiest one to date to change!!! Shame on Honda.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements