2000 CRV Maintenance Light
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 CRV Maintenance Light

crv|oc Rank: Member

2000 CRV Maintenance Light

Hello,

We are the new owners of a 2000 CRV. The oil and fluids were just changed by the dealer we bought this car from, but the maintenance light has popped on. The manual just states to insert the key into the slot next to the indicator light. I have tried several variations on this, but have not been able to reset the light. Does someone know the exact procedure for resetting the maintenance indicator light for a 2000? There are lots of threads on newer generations, but I have been searching for days for help with the 1st generation indicator light.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

That is the correct method for resetting the light. Basically it turns black or dark. As you get closer to needing an oil change it starts to turn yellow and then red. After your oil change, you reset the light. I use a small screwdriver. I find that the key doesn't go in the hole very easy. Just give it alittle push of the button inside the hole.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    My 01 turns green when I stick a key/screwdriver blade, etc. into the slot. You're pushing on it, so use a little pressure -- its not electronic, but rather mechanical. My 94 Accord was the same, too.

Use about the same force you use to reset the trip meter. Its that simple.

So, is it green all the time...I mean until it starts turning yellow or red? When we test drove this car, it was during the day. The green light only shows up when we turn on the headlights.

Yes it is green when the headlights are on, I forgot to mention that earlier. During the day when your lights are off, it's basically black. And then it will turn yellow to red as you V gets closer to needing an oil change. Driving conditions will make it vary, but mine is roughly around 7000-7500 miles in between oil changes.

Smile

Thanks for everyone's help. So far, we love the CR-V, and hope to spend many happy years with it.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements