2007 CRV Parking Brake Light
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 CRV Parking Brake Light

crv|oc Rank: Member

2007 CRV Parking Brake Light

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have my 07 CRV (which rocks), but my parking brake has been coming on and off intermittently. I know the last gen crv has had problems with the brake fluid strainer and such. I know my pads are worn, but still in good condition so I thought it might be the fluid, but it's above the "MIN" line even with the large plastic weld in the reservoir (about 1/4"-1/3") I'm not sure if that's enough to cause an issue. There is no float in the brake fluid container under the hood anymore, not sure what else to do at this point besides adding a little more brake fluid which I want to avoid if I don't have to since I don't want to have to remove some when I swap the pads.

Edit: I park my cark with the parking brake on usually, so it might be the switch not sure how DIY this may be.
    Last edited by ellbiddy; 12-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    There is still a brake fluid level sensor, just not the old 'float' style in the cap. The connector is to the left bottom side of the reservoir. The level sensor circuit completes a path to ground when the fluid level is low, so unplugging the sensor would interupt the circuit and allow the light to go off if the fluid level is what is causing the warning.

The park brake switch completes a path to ground when the parking brake is applied, so unplugging that switch would help to isolate the fault as well if you determine that the fluid level is not causing your issue.

All BS aside, if there is a problem with your brake system that you cannot correct quickly and easily on your own, wouldn't it be best not to dink around and get the system inspected by a qualified technician ASAP?
    Success is 99% failure
    -Soichiro Honda

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    -Winston Churchill

Motorcycle Riding in West Virginia

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Yeah, I made an appointment either way. Was just wondering if it I was missing something obvious. I'm still banking on the fact that my fluid dropped because my pads are worn but we'll see!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements