Drained the Battery Radio Needs Code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drained the Battery Radio Needs Code

crv|oc Rank: Member

Arrow Drained the Battery Radio Needs Code

The battery in our 06 CRV was allowed to go dead on a road trip and now the front of the radio only says "CODE". How can I reset this? THanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

CODE = Radio

Inside your owners manual you should have the program code to reset your radio. It keeps the radio to be usable if stolen. Everything should be in the manual. Good luck. I've had to do that with the wife's CRV when I changed out the battery.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Grab a pen and some paper and be ready to write the serial number.

Turn the key to ON (II, right before engine starts) so the radio says "CODE"
    Turn the radio off
    Press 1 & 6 simultaneously, and while holding these numbers in, turn the radio on.
    You'll see the U and 4 numbers and L and 4 more numbers. (Some honda shows only the numbers)
    Write down the 8 numbers, you don't need the U & L.
    These 8 numbers are your serial number, with this you can get the code online, by phone or from your dealer.

To get it by phone, have the serial number you just got and call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 at first its an automated machine with options, then its real costumer service. Have your VIN number as well, they might ask for it. Its completely free. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel08crv View Post
    Grab a pen and some paper and be ready to write the serial number.

Turn the key to ON (II, right before engine starts) so the radio says "CODE"
    Turn the radio off
    Press 1 & 6 simultaneously, and while holding these numbers in, turn the radio on.
    You'll see the U and 4 numbers and L and 4 more numbers. (Some honda shows only the numbers)
    Write down the 8 numbers, you don't need the U & L.
    These 8 numbers are your serial number, with this you can get the code online, by phone or from your dealer.

To get it by phone, have the serial number you just got and call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 at first its an automated machine with options, then its real costumer service. Have your VIN number as well, they might ask for it. Its completely free. Good luck
    I am going to change my battery of my 07 CRV this week, Is there a way I can get the code before changing the battery ? (may be from the radio itself), so that I dont need to go through this hassle? I purchased my car used and dont have the original code.

When you call the number you will need to have the radio serial number. The only way to get the serial number is by doing the 1&6 trick or pulling the radio out and there "might" be a sticker in the back. 1&6 trick works only when he radio displays "CODE". Bottom line, you won't be able to. I tried it my self on mine, I bought it salvaged so I didn't have any codes and the costumer service rep told me that unless it asks for code you can't get the serial number; without the serial number they can't give the radio code.
    I actually think that if you just change it quick, you won't even need it. I tried to disconnect power from Battery to get "CODE" mesage but it didn't come up. I think that if the car stays without battery for longer time it will ask. Let me know if you got other questions.

COdE Err

Hi,

New owner here of a 2001 CRV-EX. Mine came with the CD radio saying 'COdE Err' and the 1&6 button trick did not work.

Any other way to get the serial num for the radio?

Thanks,
    Marco

I think that's because you entered wrong code too many times. Unplug your battery for like 5 minus and try again.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nwMarco View Post
    Hi,

New owner here of a 2001 CRV-EX. Mine came with the CD radio saying 'COdE Err' and the 1&6 button trick did not work.

Any other way to get the serial num for the radio?

Thanks,
    Marco
    The 1 and 6 trick does not work on pre 2002 models. You will need to get the serial number off the radio.

i want to unplug my radio but i don't have a code.

I tried the 1 and 6 method but you need to have already unplugged it from the batery for this to work!

How can i find my Serial number without unblugging the radio? I don't want to unplug it, do the on/off 1 and 5 method and find i can't get the code from Honda - i will be worse off than now as i have it working fine!!!

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements