2012 CR-V EXL Audio/Subwoofer
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 CR-V EXL Audio/Subwoofer

crv|oc Rank: Member

2012 CR-V EXL Audio/Subwoofer

Hi Everyone. I picked up my 2012 EX-L in Urban Titanium this week. I've had other Hondas with the factory subwoofer (Element and Ridgeline) and it was really great and provided a lot of extra bass response. My new CR-V is definitely lacking this. When I adjust the subwoofer control it makes almost no difference between miniumum and maximum.
    Just wondered if others have noticed. If that's just the way it is, are there any suggestions for upgrading the audio system without changing the head unit?
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

You better have the dealer check that it's actually working. My audio system sounds incredible, with all sorts of bass.

I have a new EX-L as well, and the sound system sounds very good. BUT, like CRVHouston, I don't find much difference between the subwoofer level at min vs max all the time. There have been a few times that I've played a song with extended bass tones and definitely noticed a difference, but when listening to the radio in general I can turn it all the way down and all the way up and not notice a difference at all. A little frustrating, let me know what you find, and I'll keep you posted if I get to the bottom of it as well!

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    It sounds like some things didn't change from the gen 3 to the gen 4. The subwoofer might as well not even be there. Pathetic.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by CIGARGUY View Post
    It sounds like some things didn't change from the gen 3 to the gen 4. The subwoofer might as well not even be there. Pathetic.
    So true.The sub doesn't do squat.
    '13 CR-V EX-L w/NAV AWD White Diamond Pearl/Black
    OEM All Season Floor Mats & Cargo Tray | OEM Vent Visors | Splash Guards | Engine Cover | LEDs
    '13 Lexus GS350 AWD Starfire Pearl White/Black Luxury Pkg | NAV

I noticed the same thing... No discernible difference from the low to high setting and found myself here looking for answers. In fact I was curious if it was even functioning, and here's what I found...

If you reach your hand under the passenger seat from the front, you will feel the sub box. If you the reach under the front edge of the sub you can stick you fingers into the bass tube. With your fingers in the tube you can reach up with your other hand to adjust the bass level (while playing music) and you should find that the air coming out of the tube changes dramatically from the low to high end of the scale even though your (and mine) ears don't perceive a bass level change.

Oh well. Maybe there is an aftermarket upgrade I can add later.
    Last edited by PilotBrad; 01-11-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spell'n

Thanks Brad. I'll try that. The CR-V is in service now. They are replacing the poorly done bubbled front window tint, but I had them check the stereo and subwoofer too, although I'm sure they will say it's functioning normally.

From my last experience, the factory speakers from honda (premium sounds) are poor quality, you have to open the inside to look at the material used.. compared to the aftermarket product like alpine the difference is huge, if you are an audiophile and you like high-fidelity sound your next purchase (now that you bought already the car ) should be a dash kit with a good aftermarket double din radio (pioneer, kenwood...) completed with brand new speakers (alpine, boston...) You wont believe your ears after that!

Quote Originally Posted by CRVHouston View Post
    They are replacing the poorly done bubbled front window tint
    is front window tint legal?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    ^ Varies state to state.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements