2012 CR-V and Bluetooth Compatiblity
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 CR-V and Bluetooth Compatiblity

crv|oc Rank: Freshman

2012 CR-V and Bluetooth Compatiblity

2012 CR-V and Bluetooth compatibility

From the Honda website:

[5] Compatible with select phones with Bluetooth® only.

[6] Compatible with select Apple® iPhone® devices only.

Does this mean that the iPhone is the only compatible phone?? Not wanting to text or surf, just looking for a phone that will allow hands free usage in the CR-V. Any assistance appreciated!!
    25 Year Honda Owner
    My Other Ride Is A Ridgeline

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

It's not only compatible with the iphone.

Go here:
    http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfr...d-a-phone.aspx

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Those are footnotes refering back to the statment with the specific number. The Apple reference refers to Pandora® Internet Radio Compatibility,

If you want to see if your phone will work with the Bluetooth and how to set it up go here:

Don't confuse using your cell phone as a telephone with Bluetooth and music Bluetooth audio streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by vanz View Post
    It's not only compatible with the iphone.

Go here:
    Thanks for the info. Good site, find by carrier or phone brand!!!
    25 Year Honda Owner
    My Other Ride Is A Ridgeline

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Hi everyone.. just checking on this.. I have owned a 2001 accord and just purchased 2012 crv exl awd
    Question.. text messaging with iphone 4s doesn't activate on the on screen items. From what i have been able to research this is an issue.. can someone confirm? I have no issues making calls, receiving calls and even pandora works well.:-)

I don't think Honda ever advertised text messaging worked for the iphone, only other devices. Not sure what devices they are though.

Text messaging only works on Blackberry's.

Technically, the text messaging will work on any phone that implements the MAP bluetooth profile. Currently I think only the blackberries do this fully, but some Androids implement it partially allowing the reading of the messages but not sending.

Quote Originally Posted by MHampton View Post
    Technically, the text messaging will work on any phone that implements the MAP bluetooth profile. Currently I think only the blackberries do this fully, but some Androids implement it partially allowing the reading of the messages but not sending.
    This isn't really "phone" compatibility - it's really the version of the Bluetooth profile that the phone uses. I was looking into an Android software issue and went down this rabbit hole. There's a number of features that all get called Bluetooth and unfortunately it's left to the end user to figure this stuff out. My basic testing is this - any phone that uses Android 2.X gets the basics and should be able to stream music to the car and use the wheel controls but won't get texts read to them or any notification. Android 4.0 for the most part implements the latest Bluetooth profiles and can stream music, use wheel controls, read texts and use the quick replies. Song info showing up is more of a problem with the app sending over that information - the built in Android music app does, but Pandora doesn't. iOS 4 devices are in a similar situation to Android 2 (music streaming, calls, wheel controls) - iOS5 seems to be able to do everything according to the Apple site and the Pandora app properly passes music information. I haven't done much testing with Blackberry - my wife's old Blackberry OS 5 (I think) can stream music and do speakerphone but nothing else and my work phone is on OS 7 and barely makes calls so it's not worth testing.

Bluetooth is a similar thing to saying "wifi" - really wifi means any one of the 5 main flavors and that super simplification makes it confusing.
    Last edited by elcabong; 07-12-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: curse you autocorrect

Just purchased a 2012 EX-L today and am reading many comments on the web about how iphones, including 4S, work intermittently and cause a lot of problems. I've checked Honda's cell site and it states that iphones can do most everything except sms. I was planning on buying a new iphone5 (if it ever surfaces) because I wanted to integrate it with my other mac hardware...now it looks like the new androids are the only way to go. Any ideas from iphone users? I will buy something like a Galaxy 2S or similar but I'd rather stay with apple. Thanks!

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements