Wallpaper importation
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wallpaper importation

crv|oc Rank: Member

Wallpaper importation

Just purchased a 2012 CRV EX-L with Nav. A few little things that are not going right, but mostly everything is great. Trying to import pictures for Wallpaper. Noted that the manual states a maximum size of 2MB. I have repeatedly tried to import pictures that are max. 450kb and I get a message that the photo is to large. The system seems to not accept any photo through the USB connection. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Check out this thread: i-MID Wallpaper
    it has all the sizing information you need.

Yep, I did that and viewed the UTube video, but the bloody still tells me that the image is too large no matter what I try to import. The dealer does not know anything about it and has referred me to here. I hope this is the only "dead end" I reach with this vehicle.

OK this may be off base but are you sure the USB stick you are using is USB 2.0 and not v1!? It might be causing issues on transfer. Beyond that; I would try another stick anyway just to cover the bases.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    What's the file format you are trying to import?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Okay...think I found a solution to your problem. When scrolling through your pictures, do you see duplicate image files, one of them having an underscore in front of it? If you do, format your thumb drive, and copy the pictures over again.

Mac computer users: when importing wallpaper pics from a flash drive, be sure the drive is formatted "MS-DOS (FAT32)," NOT the usual "MAC OS Extended (Journaled)". This also applies when trying to play music from a flash drive.

Copy one of the images in this discussion to your thumb drive and see if they will import. Corrected i-MID Wallpaper Sizes
    Are you using Mac or PC to prepare and copy images?
    If you post one of your wallpaper image here I will try to import it into my iMid as a check.
    J
    Jepalan
    ----------------------------------------
    2012 CR-V EX AWD Urban Titanium

I had exactly the same problem on my UK 2012 CRV EX.

Manual says 1920x936 max size down to 480x234 min and file size limited to 2MB

Old USB not recognised
    Only one of the 3 files I sized to 1920x936 uploaded (61kB) others were 'too large'.

Finally got the files to upload using 420x234

D

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements