Recent MP3 files won't play on USB stick
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recent MP3 files won't play on USB stick

crv|oc Rank: Member

Recent MP3 files won't play on USB stick

I have about 200 MP3 files (all in one folder) on a memeory stick and all the songs have been playing fine when connected to the USB port. I recently added some new songs and the stereo skips over them as if they aren't there. But for sure they are on the stick. Any suggestions?
    I noticed the folder doesn't show as being modified recently, if that means anything.
    I have a Canadian 2011 CRV EX (the no Navi model.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

There is a new DRM embedded MP3 format, and despite having the same name extension won't work with existing MP3 players -- whether they are car stereos, portable audio players or just software players. If those new files are in that format, that's most likely the problem.
    Honda owner since the early 1980s, owning at least one the entire time. Current fleet includes 2012 CR-V EX-L Nav, 2011 Pilot EX-L Nav, and a 2004 Pilot EX-L.

The files are played not by the order you arrange them in the folder but by the order they are written to the flash drive. It may be that the files will play at the end of your previous files.

What i did was delete the folder and just load all the files directly onto the memory stick (no folders). Now all the files, including the recent files, play, but the first few files on the stick aren't being found.

When I was Importing wallpaper I noticed the owners manual said to put them in the "root" area of the usb flash drive and not in a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by DLH2 View Post
    When I was Importing wallpaper I noticed the owners manual said to put them in the "root" area of the usb flash drive and not in a folder.
    I'm pretty sure that applies to the 3 "wallpaper" files. I think a earlier post about DRM protected files is probably your problem.
    Last edited by releehweoj; 06-14-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by releehweoj View Post
    I'm pretty sure that applies to the 3 "wallpaper" files. I think a earlier post about DRM protected files is probably your problem.
    I know, but he said he deleted the folder and reloaded them directly on to the flash drive ( in the "root") and they played. Makes me think the Honda system has a problem extracting some files in a "folder".

It seems the actual folder can be the problem. On my computer the folder showed it was modified in 2011, when in fact it was modified a couple weeks ago. So the Honda system might not have been the problem, because it played all the files from the folder in the past, even after adding files, just not this time. And so now with no folder, when you press the Title button on the system, it shows "root". But why it now won't play the first few files on the memory stick is baffling.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements