CD Player question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CD Player question

crv|oc Rank: Member

CD Player question

SORRY THINK I POSTED IN THE WRONG PLACE FIRST TIME AROUND!!!

I AM IN THE UK

Hi Folks - just ordered a CRV EX - with the Aero body kit and 19" wheels plus a few extra's but didnt get the saftey spec - isnt that anti collision stuff anoying (especially the way I drive!!) - badly of course!!

I have a couple of questions on the CD player:-

1 - I thought I read that the cd player was a 6 disk changer? - is this the case and if so does it play mp3's on each disk?

2 - On the demo that i took out it said mp3 and WMA compatibale - I have this on my BMW 5 and my wifes MINI at the moment but it will only play a disk with MP3 or WMA and not a combination of both - anyone know if it will play a disk with both types of file on it?

Thanks for your help

Car comes on 8th Feb all being well!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Welcome To The Club

Welcome to the club. I will try to answer your questions but realize that I have an 2007 EX US model, so hopefully one of our UK members can help you out.

1. The EX and EX-L is equiped with a 6 CD changer. The formats are standard audio CD, MP3, or WMA (this is true for the single CD player in the LX also). Each CD is read when the CD is selected so it can be in any of the formats 3 formats. I tried it with several standard CDs and a MP3 loaded. The CD changer reads the next selected disk when one CD ends or a new CD is selected and automatically chooses the format. I am not knowledgeable on these things, but I would say that there is only one drive in the player, and the disks are mechanically flipped around. Whenever a new CD is selected, there is a bit of whining and clicking and then the disk is read before any music plays.

2. I tried to burn a CD with both MP3 and WMA on my computer using Windows Media Player and I crashed my computer. So I lost interest in your second question. I am not the savviest person with music files. Attempting a guess, I don't think the player will be able to read two formats on one CD. It does a disk read when the CD is first selected. But that is a guess not fact. If anyone knows for sure, please chime in.

I give a quick look through my owners manual. Any time formats were mentioned the word OR was always used, but they did not spefically answer your question about multiple formats on one CD. Again I don't know but my guess would be a single format for each CD.

Two things I noted in the owners manual. 1. It won't handle mini disks. 2. They said not to load in CDs with adhesive labels.

Here is a listing of the US owners manuals. You may find the 2007 manual to be more useful because it will allow you to download specific sections. The 2008 mauals are not linked and you have to download the entire manual. Maybe it will help you.

EDIT: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...01_OMANUAL.asp

For future postings it would be helpful if you filled out the vehicle and location fields in your personal profile.

Again welcome to the club and good luck with your new V.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 12-31-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to enter the link
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

“Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.” W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Errrr, did you miss the link on purpose??
    2000 CR-V ES AWD 5MT
    Sebring Silver

Oooppps.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
    Errrr, did you miss the link on purpose??
    Sorry about that! Memory shot!

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...01_OMANUAL.asp

I'll stick it in on an edit. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW: Read Hughesy's comments in the other thread by this member, I believe that my commentary above is useless to the UK model with nav.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 12-31-2007 at 12:48 PM.

“Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.” W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Sorry about that! Memory shot!...
    That's ok, being a 'senior' member it's probably down to age

BTW: Read Hughesy's comments in the other thread by this member, I believe that my commentary above is useless to the UK model with nav.
    Possibly, but I don't have this fangly-dangly sat-nav thingy in my G1 'V'
    2000 CR-V ES AWD 5MT
    Sebring Silver

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
    That's ok, being a 'senior' member it's probably down to age
    Age? Too old...no doubt, but with over 600 posts you think I would get a ceremonial title--a Grand Poohead or something.

Thanks for the quick reply - yes I am in the UK so may be different - happy new year to you all!
    Stan
    2007 Boxster
    2005 Mini Cooper
    2008 CRV EX - Black Pearl with Areo Pack 4x4 2.2 d (6MT)

Can't speak to the UK version, but my 2008 says quite clearly on the top of the 6-disk cartridge "This unit does not play CD/CD-R or MP3/WMA format disks." As far as I know only the in-dash part of the system actually plays MP3 format disks. I don't have any MP3 disks handy to test it with, though.

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements