Thieves open car doors with electronic devise!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thieves open car doors with electronic devise!

crv|oc Rank: Member

Thieves open car doors with electronic devise!

The news are reporting that thieves now open car doors with some kind of electronic devise. What possibly can we do to prevent this?
    If I would pull fuse No.: 25 under the dash which controls the door locks in my 2008 CR-V, would that allow to open and lock the doors with the key in the lock only? That way the thieves electronic devise could not open the doors.
    Or, would pulling this fuse prevent any operating of the door locks?
    Any thoughts on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Living in South Africa, I can tell you all there is to know about car theft! Thieves don't use an electronic devise to open you car, they use an conventional gate-remote control to block the signal when you try to lock your car with the remote control. You think you locked your car, but the signal was blocked. Be on the lookout for suspicious characters close to your car when locking it with the remote control. - I wouldn't take the fuse-path. Just listen for the lock or look for the flasher indicating a lock signal before walking away from your car.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I always use the button on the inside of the door to lock the car as I leave. I don't use the remote to lock the door, only to open it when I return to my car.
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Alabaster Silver with Black interior

Not leaving valuables in your car is a good start. Have an engine immobilizer installed or aftermarket alarm as well. If they really want your car, they will drag it onto a flatbed and drive away. Just be thankful you dont drive something really rare or desireable.

Quote Originally Posted by pop4eye View Post
    Living in South Africa, I can tell you all there is to know about car theft! Thieves don't use an electronic devise to open you car, they use an conventional gate-remote control to block the signal when you try to lock your car with the remote control. You think you locked your car, but the signal was blocked. Be on the lookout for suspicious characters close to your car when locking it with the remote control. - I wouldn't take the fuse-path. Just listen for the lock or look for the flasher indicating a lock signal before walking away from your car.
    sure enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqdDsPLfwYw

I always wait for the beep after I lock it with the remote.

Hi, thank you all for your replies, but none answered my question:
    " If I would pull fuse No.: 25 under the dash which controls the door locks in my 2008 CR-V, would that allow to open and lock the doors with the key in the lock only? That way the thieves electronic devise could not open the doors.
    Or, would pulling this fuse prevent any operating of the door locks?"

Closing with the door push button still allows a thief to open the doors with his gizmo.

Super Moderator
    If you pull the door lock fuse the power door locks are disabled period.

No juice to the locks and they will not function. If some wants to get into your car that bad pulling a fuse wont stop them. A brick or hammer through the glass will take care of that.
    Last edited by lizzurd; 05-17-2013 at 07:14 PM.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfreund View Post
    Hi, thank you all for your replies, but none answered my question:

Closing with the door push button still allows a thief to open the doors with his gizmo.
    No. The gizmo you are referring to captures the lock code from the remote when YOU use the remote to lock the doors. If you do not use the remote to lock the doors there is no code transmitted for the thieves to capture with their gizmo. If you use the remote to unlock the doors when you return to your car the captured code does the thieves no good because you drive away.
    2013 CR-V EX-L AWD Alabaster Silver with Black interior

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements