replaced battery now radio doesn't work
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: replaced battery now radio doesn't work

crv|oc Rank: Member

replaced battery now radio doesn't work

I replaced the battery in our 1998 CRV a few days ago. Now the original radio/CD player does not function. When the on button is pushed I get an error message such as Error 1232. When I push any of the programmed station buttons I get other error messages. Does the radio need to go through a specific startup sequence, or does anyone have other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timr3400 View Post
    I replaced the battery in our 1998 CRV a few days ago. Now the original radio/CD player does not function. When the on button is pushed I get an error message such as Error 1232. When I push any of the programmed station buttons I get other error messages. Does the radio need to go through a specific startup sequence, or does anyone have other suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Tim
    You need the unlock code for the radio. The dealer can find it for you (for a fee).
    - 2004 S2000 New Formula Red with too many mods to list. 223 RWHP.
    - 2008 Royal Blue Pearl CR-V EX-L with more mods every day -- Remote Start, Electro-chromic Rear View Mirror, Splash Guards (fancy name for mud flaps), Chrome exhaust finisher, and more coming.

In memory of David Weber - Malvern Racing

If someone else is looking for an answer, my dealer gave me the code for free. Turned out it was also written in the cover page of the manual in the glove box.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Whenever you replace a battery, always use a backup battery pack plugged into the OBD2 Port so this doesn't happen

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements