Mysterious "aux" thing
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mysterious "aux" thing

crv|oc Rank: Member

Mysterious "aux" thing

The stereo on my 2006 CR-V EX has this strange "aux" thing above one of the buttons. I assumed it meant that there's an aux input jack somewhere in the car, but I looked all over my car for this aux input jack and couldn't find it anywhere, and there's no reference to it in the manual. So, if there is no aux jack, what is this mysterious "aux" reference on my stereo? Does anybody know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Welcome To The Club!

The gen 3s have an auxillary input and a button labeled AUX. I looked at the 06 owner's manual, and on the Canadian models they have a CD/AUX button on the sound system but as you indicated no information on it. Perhaps they use the same radio in other Honda models that do use the aux input, or maybe there is an aux input on the back of the unit that was never hooked up to anything. I don't know to be honest.

Welcome to the club and good luck with your aux search.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

I believe you can purchase an adapter that plugs into the OEM harness for an IPOD interface or simple input. To toggle through the inputs, that button is there on the CDN models. I believe US models had XM as another input as there was the option of dealer subscribed XM service...
    Todd

the answer

the aux button is for external imputs. if you get the unit disconected, then you can either connect a cd changer, or an other imput into it, i ahve plugged my ipod into it. To activate it you just have to click on the cd/aux, push it once and you activate the cd player, push it agin and you get what ever you have plgged into your aux input.
    hope this helped

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    i think he is trying to say he cannot find an aux input, i believe there should be one on the back of the HU. im not sure though
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONTI drive a 1997 JEEP CHEROKEE
    lifted 8 inches on super swampers
    locked and geared

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    The 2006 has an aux input on the back of the radio in the form of two RCA inputs, red and white.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Serj22 View Post
    The 2006 has an aux input on the back of the radio in the form of two RCA inputs, red and white.
    Do you have a picture of this? Neither the owners or service manuals make any reference to RCA imputs on the back of the radio. I used to handle all of the reman radio returns for our dealership and have never seen them.

I almost bought a 2006 radio, and it had a red and white aux input on the back. Maybe it was not fro ma Cr-v? It looked the same.

There definately isn't any rca plug in the back of the headunit. Took the radio out today to check.

I'm clueless where to go from here. I'd like to be about to use this to hook up my XM XpressRC, installing it in the hole under the radio.

Any ideas?

I am at a loss. That's not what the back looked like of the one I saw, definitly wasn't from a Honda then I guess. Did you check the harness and see if it had any empty wires that didn't seem to attach to the stereo?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements