Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009 EX Bluetooth

44K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  jparr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, we're about to purchase a 2009 EX. One thing though we really wanted in our next vehicle was hands free bluetooth built into the audio system. We live in NC and currently the laws allow us to talk on the phone, but I'm sure that's going to change. But even without the law, it's just a safety thing I want my wife to have. To be able to call, answer, speak and hang up without having to touch her phone.

So my understanding is that the CRV does not offer this as an option. Since we did not purchase yet, any recommendations on what we should ask for from the salesman for this option while we still hold the chips in the negotiations :)

Also, any recommendations on which bluetooth kit we should get...here's one I found on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-2008-2009-Honda-CR-V-Bose-HandsFree-BlueTooth-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38655QQihZ022QQitemZ350161105232

Thanks,
M

#6 ·
I've called dealers and even some after market shops and it seems this question has never been asked!!! cause I can't get much info. So even though other Honda models, including the Civic offer a Bluetooth option, the CRV does not.

http://automobiles.honda.com/bluetooth/

So, I guess not was wondering if anyone has had a Bluetooth unit installed in their CRV and if so any preference for the make of the unit.

Thanks!
M

#8 ·
I haven't done this yet (it's not even available yet) but you can buy the iSimple PXAMG gateway and the PGHHD1 wiring harness which will give you an iPod interface to your CR-V. Then, later this year they expect to have available their iSimple BluStream (PXAMGBT) unit. This PXAMGBT will also plug into their PXAMG Gateway. You'll then have an iPod interface and Bluetooth! Now, since this isn't even out yet I can't comment on how well it will work. But, I'm really looking forward to checking it out!

If you need something sooner I've heard a lot of people talking about the Parrot interface and they seem to like it.

Good luck!
Larry.

#10 ·
#16 ·
i know im a little late on this topic..but i used to install that exact kit for work and did about 3-5 a day in nj since they made it illegal to talk on you your phone...and the first version of that kit sucked...but then they worked the bugs out with the second version and it was way way better...it does not mute the radio it just cuts the speaker output when the phone makes a call...only downfall you have to drill a 1 inch hole in the dash...or remove your cig lighter plug to mount the button...but not a bad kit

also look into the parrot kits..i used them to for work and they were the better kit as far as sound quality goes..

#18 · (Edited)
Dealer option

I just bought a 2009 EXL with navi, they do not come with bluetooth. I wanted it and it is an additional option you can purchase from the dealer. They said it would play through the stereo like my TL. I paid for it and had it installed. They were incorrect. It is a seperate unit that replaces the sun glass holder and DOES NOT play through the stereo. So $700.00 out of pocket and all they had to say was "I was wrong, Im not familiar with all the CRV options." I love how salespeople do not have to know what they are selling....
I plugged my Iphone into the Aux and you here the calls through the stereo and the phones microphone picks up your voice.
I hope this helps...
I am in Phila PA, USA

#19 ·
I can tell you that we just purchased a new CR-V with nav and had the factory bluetooth unit installed as an option. It was pricey but because they installed it on a new vehicle it is covered under the warranty. It does work well and is hard wired seamlessly into the vehicle, though note that you lose the sunglass holder/fold down mirror on the headliner. It is not controlled by the steering wheel controls nor does it dim the speakers when in use but it is very clear and uses voice commands. We are happy with it and i would recommend the unit.

#20 ·
Bfha

I just ordered the Scosche hands free kit. From all the docs, it looks like the best of breed. It integrates into the stereo (even w/o Nav), and everything is controlled from the stereo. It is even controllable from the steering wheel controls if you are equipped for it.
I got mine from Amazon (look for "BFHA" for the kit, and BFHAHB for the wiring harness). Cost $300 shipped, which is a lot; but I think it is worth it for a clean install.
MSRP is closer to $400. Some sites had prices closer to $260, but looked pretty fly-by-night to me. I figured the extra $40 was worth the assurance of Amazon.

Here is the instruction manual, which covers usage but not installation. BFHA_Instruction_0609.pdf. The doc shows the pictures of the stereos it works with. The guy at Scosche says that it is plug and play with the wiring harness. He also confirmed that it doesn't interfere with XM at all (although it taps into the XM function on the stereo)

I'll snap some shots of the install and post them when I get around to installing it.

Oh, and I pushed the Honda dealer to confirm 100% that BlueTooth was an option (he said it was). I asked for the manual, to see it listed on the car specs, and to see the screen on the nav. After a lot of searching and head scratching, he came back and said it wasn't an option on ANY CRV. I almost went wth the RAV4 at that point. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.