2009 EX Bluetooth
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 EX Bluetooth

crv|oc Rank: Member

2009 EX Bluetooth

Hi, we're about to purchase a 2009 EX. One thing though we really wanted in our next vehicle was hands free bluetooth built into the audio system. We live in NC and currently the laws allow us to talk on the phone, but I'm sure that's going to change. But even without the law, it's just a safety thing I want my wife to have. To be able to call, answer, speak and hang up without having to touch her phone.

So my understanding is that the CRV does not offer this as an option. Since we did not purchase yet, any recommendations on what we should ask for from the salesman for this option while we still hold the chips in the negotiations

Also, any recommendations on which bluetooth kit we should get...here's one I found on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...mZ350161105232

Thanks,
    M
    Last edited by Markov; 04-22-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: fix subject

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

....Hello, am I in the correct forum category? Moderator, please move if I'm not, haven't received any replies.

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Markov View Post
    ....Hello, am I in the correct forum category? Moderator, please move if I'm not, haven't received any replies.
    Could be wrong, let me move it for you to see.

I'm not sure if you can get the Navigation package with the EX instead of the EX L but blootooth comes with the Navigation package. Ask the salesman I guess.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Ask illegal, but I would think that adding an aftermarket bluetooth system would yield greater usability and more features.
    2008 RBP CR-V EX
    2007 SSM Fit Sport

I've called dealers and even some after market shops and it seems this question has never been asked!!! cause I can't get much info. So even though other Honda models, including the Civic offer a Bluetooth option, the CRV does not.

http://automobiles.honda.com/bluetooth/

So, I guess not was wondering if anyone has had a Bluetooth unit installed in their CRV and if so any preference for the make of the unit.

Thanks!
    M

Quote Originally Posted by ebstein91 View Post
    I'm not sure if you can get the Navigation package with the EX instead of the EX L but blootooth comes with the Navigation package. Ask the salesman I guess.
    This is incorrect. Bluetooth is not an option with any trim level on the CR-V.

Larry.
    2009 CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation

I've called dealers and even some after market shops and it seems this question has never been asked!!! cause I can't get much info. So even though other Honda models, including the Civic offer a Bluetooth option, the CRV does not.

So, I guess not was wondering if anyone has had a Bluetooth unit installed in their CRV and if so any preference for the make of the unit.

Thanks!
    M
    I haven't done this yet (it's not even available yet) but you can buy the iSimple PXAMG gateway and the PGHHD1 wiring harness which will give you an iPod interface to your CR-V. Then, later this year they expect to have available their iSimple BluStream (PXAMGBT) unit. This PXAMGBT will also plug into their PXAMG Gateway. You'll then have an iPod interface and Bluetooth! Now, since this isn't even out yet I can't comment on how well it will work. But, I'm really looking forward to checking it out!

If you need something sooner I've heard a lot of people talking about the Parrot interface and they seem to like it.

Good luck!
    Larry.
    2009 CR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation

Thanks!
    M

I installed a Parrot bluetooth system on my wife's '08 EX-L and it works great. I was easy to install, but you'll have to get the correct radio harness adapter.

Honda offers a Bluetooth option, quite costly! $315.00 plus install.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-H...0-E10-100.aspx

I use Bluetooth thru TOMTOM 720 cost $199.00 GPS/Bluetooth/voice activated
    2007 CRV EX-L
    Black Pearl, Black Leather, Fog Lights, Roof-Rack, all weather mats, all weather cargo mat, Romik Stainless Steel Bull Bar, Romik Stainless Steel Running Boards, 30% Tint.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements