Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subwoofer not working new CRV Touring 2015

20K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  thapa 
#1 ·
I have a brand new CR-V Touring and I see the menu choice for subwoofer and with XM radio on when I adjust the subwoofer all the way down and all the way up, there is no difference at all. It doesn't appear to be working....I can't find anything in any documentation/book/online that says I need to turn it on or off, it should be on whenever the audio is on, correct? Or do I need to turn it on somehow?? Or is it only available with certain types of audio? I guess this is a crazy question, I just have no idea why it's not working at all.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

#3 ·
I saw a video saying that the "active noise control" or "active noise cancellation" interferes with the subwoofer. From what I understood, if you turn it "off" the subwoofer will work, but you have to turn it off every time you start the car. Does anyone know about this work-around?

#6 ·
I've had my new 2015 CR-V EX-L for less than a week, and was ready to take it back to see if they could find the problem with the subwoofer, but as I see here it is broken by design. And I mean broken. I can crank the radio all the way up, and with my hand over the subwoofer's tuned port, there isn't a smidgen of air being pushed by this POS. It's actually a joke that there is a tuned port on the box.

Also, AVS is off and sub-woofer volume is all the way up. What a joke. I'd rather they would have either put a better stereo system in, or better yet, solved another annoyance we discovered on the way home from the dealership, no Homelink, really?

I like the car, but after the fiasco with my first Honda (a 2006 Civic) and all of it's problems when I swore then I'd never own another Honda, I wish I hadn't second guessed myself on this purchase, because it's already starting off with a whimper. :mad:

#8 ·
Well I found something interesting today. My initial testing was while the radio source was FM.
While the wife was driving, I flipped over to SXM, and to our surprise we had bass. I reached under the seat and put my hand over the tuned port and the subwoofer was woofing! Hmm. This can't be. So I flipped back to FM and sure enough, I couldn't sense or feel anything coming out of the sub. I even found a song with a nice rocking beat, and nothing. Flipped back to satellite and bam, sub was working.
I find it hard to believe the audio source would drive the functionality so I'll need to do some more testing.
Anyway, even with it pumping air, it must be a whopping 4 or 5 driver as there isn't a lot of punch, but it was noticeable.

#9 ·
Mine is working fine, nice system. I don't feel the need to share my tunes with neighboring cars.

#11 ·
To the best of my knowledge there is NO active noise control/cancellation (ANC) in any model CR-V

#12 ·
I noticed the subwoofer setting didn't seem to do much on a 2015 EX-L loaner I recently drove for two months or my new 2016 Touring I bought a few days ago. I have the subwoofer level at MAX and the bass and treble both set halfway between MID and MAX. Still, I'm pleased with the system - it sounds much better than the "premium" system in my 2014 Ridgeline SE! The 2009-2014 Ridgeline with navigation also has a weird audio volume/equalization bug that results in even worse XM sound quality until you cycle through CD mode (a playable CD must be loaded in the changer) then back to XM. Honda are aware of it, but they never did anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.