Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 CRV Kenwood Install - Factory Radio Harness Wiring Diagram?

44K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  obetbalx 
#1 ·
Hi, hoping someone here can help me decipher the radio harness! 2105 CRV Ex-L non -navigation 7" touch screen. I have the DNN992 with RP4-HD11 and accessories. The trouble is there are more factory plugs than aftermarket harness has to connect. I cannot find out what all the connectors are for and the factory radio is not labeled.

Adding photos of both kenwood and factory connections. I assume the USB/Aux plugs are in there somewhere. Likely the reverse and lane change cams too?

Am hoping someone knows which are what and can I find adapters or line tap any that need special handling?

Thank you in advance for your time and knowledge...

Electronics Technology Electronic device Computer hardware Electronic component
Electronics Technology Electronic device
Electronics Technology Electronic device Machine Radio receiver
Electronics Technology Electronic device
Technology Auto part Electronics Vehicle Electronic component
Vehicle Auto part Car Tire Engine

See less See more
#3 ·
The plugs on the RP4 should all be keyed to match one and only one of the Honda radio plugs. I don't think you can make a mistake.

#5 ·
OK, I understand. I don't have wiring & pins for your exact radio. CR-Vs audio electrics are *very* similar to Civics - you might want to search over at the 9th Gen Civic forum. For some reason, they seem to post diagrams a lot faster than the CR-V crowd.

Extra connections might include console USB, console AUX, Camera(s), XM antenna, compass module, hands-free-link module, iMid display. I don't think RP4 covers any of those.

#7 ·
Relly appreciate if U can share a detail image on every socket of your stereo harness. I now plan to install the navi stereo from honda full spec variant but the problem is the harness is different as per stock unit. So i need to trace each cable by looking at the color of every pin connection.

#8 ·
From my own trial and error:

Green/gray/black combo of plugs are 2 usbs and 1 hdmi that goes down into the center console/arm rest box.

The large one that doesn't plug into the harness has XM and camera functions, and the other smaller one is the IMID display. This is what I've figured out so far.

Also I believe the single black cord ending in a plug is for the GPS antenna, but not sure entirely.

#9 ·
Did you ever figure out the green/gray/black extra wiring issue? I have the same problem but connecting to a Kenwood DDX6705S. All of the other ports have adapters. I followed the wiring from maestro.idatalink.com for my 2015 Honda Crv Touring. I agree it sounds like the usb & hdmi, but where do I find an adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.