Radio code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio code

crv|oc Rank: Member

Smile 2001 honda crv se radio code to reset?

Hi - new to this site - lots of great advice. Does anyone know how to reset the radio? The key got stuck and I read if you diconect the battery, the key will come out. Well, it did, and now the radio won't work. Oh, yeah, and does anyone know how to get the key out without disconnecting the battery? haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by dnordo View Post
    Hi - new to this site - lots of great advice. Does anyone know how to reset the radio? The key got stuck and I read if you diconect the battery, the key will come out. Well, it did, and now the radio won't work. Oh, yeah, and does anyone know how to get the key out without disconnecting the battery? haha
    Ahhh, the old radio code issue.... Although the answer is in your owner's manual as well, here are some tips...

I assume you don't have the card with the code on it?

Many times, dealers would place the code (on little stickers) in various places in the car. It can be located inside the fuse box cover both under hood or inside fuse box, on the inside of the glove box door, etc. Check also to see if it was written inside the owners manual.

Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free.

You also need to perform the auto-power-down window reset - also in the manual. If your vehicles battery is disconnected or goes dead, or the drivers window fuse is removed, the AUTO function will be disabled. The power window system needs to be reset after reconnecting the battery or installing the fuse. Start the engine. Push down and hold the drivers window switch
    until the window is fully open. Pull and hold the drivers window switch to close the window completely, then hold the switch for a second or two more.
    99 V 151k miles, 04 V 62k miles - Both red, of course.

thanks so much for the info , we lost the manual - now if we could get the key out of the ignition we'd be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by dnordo View Post
    thanks so much for the info , we lost the manual - now if we could get the key out of the ignition we'd be all set.
    Now, you have found the owner's manual!

Owner's manual - Honda

you're awesome. first mistake, i asked hubby to look for manual, he said we didn't have. i found it, and the code. you are the best. thanks again. now i'm working on the key issue.

"Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free."

Unfortunately I left the lights on and drained the battery in my 02. I'm not the original owner and I can't find the code.

I called the closest dealer (Pacific Honda) in San Diego and they told me that they have to remove the radio to reset it.

Does anyone know the real deal? Pulling the radio doesn't make logical sense...It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if you can remove the stereo and get the code.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by drewmeister_sd View Post
    "Failing that, your local dealer can give you the code. You will need the VIN of the vehicle and probably need proof of ownership. Do not allow them to charge you for giving you the code. They should do it for free."

Unfortunately I left the lights on and drained the battery in my 02. I'm not the original owner and I can't find the code.

I called the closest dealer (Pacific Honda) in San Diego and they told me that they have to remove the radio to reset it.

Does anyone know the real deal? Pulling the radio doesn't make logical sense...It wouldn't be much of a theft deterrent if you can remove the stereo and get the code.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.

The cose itself isn't on the radio.....but with the serial number off the radio the dealer will contact honda and get the code.

On most of the newer models you can actually get the radio serial number with out pulling the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by drewmeister_sd View Post

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks.
    They do not have to remove the radio on an 2002 on up to get the radio serial number! You can get the serial number yourself (or just let them do it) by pushing a few buttons, in proper sequence on the radio. The radio will then display the serial number.

Hang on.. I am looking up the Honda TSB that has the instructions...

Super Moderator
    Here is the instructions on pulling the code courtesy of H&A.

code cd player

code cd player

It's listed in the above post. I used the forum SEARCH feature using radio code TSB to find it.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements