Garage Door Opener
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garage Door Opener

crv|oc Rank: Member

Garage Door Opener

Has anyone found a good looking garage door opener to put in the CR-V. One that works and looks good. Where do you mount it and how.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I got one from Sears or Home Depot, can't remember, that runs on a 12v battery. I removed the battery and took the guts out of the case and soldered in a postive lead and a ground. Stuffed everything back into half of the case and filled it with epoxy. Grounded it behind the dash and tapped the postive into the High Beam wire. Zip tied the whole thing to a support beam behind the dash.

Now all I do is pull in the driveway, flick my high beams once, and the door opens, flick them again, and it closes.
    2008 RBP CR-V EX
    2007 SSM Fit Sport

Now that's just a genius idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    I got one from Sears or Home Depot, can't remember, that runs on a 12v battery. I removed the battery and took the guts out of the case and soldered in a postive lead and a ground. Stuffed everything back into half of the case and filled it with epoxy. Grounded it behind the dash and tapped the postive into the High Beam wire. Zip tied the whole thing to a support beam behind the dash.

Now all I do is pull in the driveway, flick my high beams once, and the door opens, flick them again, and it closes.
    you awesome genius!!
    2010 EX-L AWD 5AT --> OEM Fog Lights --> Mugen Emblem --> Garmin 1690 --> OEM Rubber Mats and Trunk mat

crv|oc Rank: Freshman

that is pretty sick. ^^d

無限 | MUGEN
    www.timscribbles.com

Door Opener

I took an old opener and soldered two wires to the contact, From there to a nice small Radioshack momentary black switch. I mounted the switch to the knock-out thats to the right of the steering wheel. I opened that hatch door under the hood up by the wipers and siliconed the opener standing up behind that door. Easy to get to for battery changing. I ran the contact wires thru the grommet next to and under the brake cylinder then to the switch. Works awesome and looks good since I used a small black switch. If you try this use the right size drill only heat the drill on the stove and melt your hole pushing the wrong side of the drill thru the plastic. I learned this makes a lot nicer hole for the small switch. Drilling a hole will gouge the edges and the switch will not cover the gouge. So far my favorite mod..............

nice execution of a well tested idea. first read about this many years ago about a guy who garaged his motorcycle and had basically done the same thing.

for me, since i have an older V, i found a Homelink module from an Acura TL that replaced the spotlight module on the ceiling. it was 1 of the first mods i did about 7 years ago and it looks like it came from the factory that way.

Quote Originally Posted by norsepanda View Post
    nice execution of a well tested idea. first read about this many years ago about a guy who garaged his motorcycle and had basically done the same thing.

for me, since i have an older V, i found a Homelink module from an Acura TL that replaced the spotlight module on the ceiling. it was 1 of the first mods i did about 7 years ago and it looks like it came from the factory that way.
    norsepanda,

That would be pretty cool - could you post a picture of that mod? I think many would like to see it.
    2010 CR-V EX-L Navi 4wd - Taffeta White - 35% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards - Engine cover upgrade
    2002 CR-V EX 4wd - Satin Silver Metallic - 20% front window tint - Cargo tray - OEM foglights - Front splash guards
    2007 Acura MDX Tech/Ent. - Nimbus Gray - 20% front window tint - All season mats - Cargo tray

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    I did a Gentex Homelink/Autodimm/compass retrofit for this purpose.
    2008 AWD EX-L 6-speed M/T Royal Blue Pearl: Modulo Urban upper & lower grilles, Modulo Running Boards, Roof rack, Body Side Color Moldings, Stainless door sills, Fog lights, All weather mats, Cargo cover, net, & tray, Chrome exhaust finisher, Chrome foglight garnish, Gentex Homelink with blue Compass Autodimm mirror, Modulo Tailgate Spoiler, Signal turn LED Mirrors with ground LED light, rear bumper LED reflectors, LED 3rd Brake light.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements