Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LED light bar mounted inside grill -2015 Touring

16K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Alaskascott 
#1 ·
I converted my fog lights to LED and decided I wanted more light. I saw there was enough space in the grill beneath the Honda emblem for a narrow 21 inch LED light bar. I took the whole front clip apart. I carefully cut the lower part of the grill out and mounted a 21 inch light bar. It turned out great, It is recessed inside the grill and it looks awesome. It took me two days to get it done. The hardest part was mounting the light so it would not move when I am driving without impedeing the radar unit; the second hardest part was running the wiring into the cabin. I finally decided to take the front fender off and ran it thorough and existing "empty" grommet directly above the hood release cable. I spent a lot of time searching the internet for help and came up with limited results, so alot of my time was spent on trial and error.

#5 ·
Thanks. This light is incredible it overpowers my brights Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Car Tire
Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Fictional character Wire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Headlamp
; it completely lights up the dark Alaskan roads. I will take some pictures tonight of the road with and without the lightbar. Here are some better pictures, as well as some pictures of how I ran the wiring from the engine compartment to the cabin

#6 ·
Here are two sets of night pictures with and without the light bar on (brights are on in all pictures). Out on the highway and on the street I live on

Road Light Sky Mode of transport Darkness
Road Snow Light Mode of transport Highway
Snow Winter Geological phenomenon Road Sky
Snow Winter Light Geological phenomenon Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.