Retro fit blue tooth for a 2009 CRV
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retro fit blue tooth for a 2009 CRV

crv|oc Rank: Member

Retro fit blue tooth for a 2009 CRV

Jan 1 the law will require only hands free driving in my state. Is it possible to retro fit a hands free blue tooth to a 2009 Honda CRV? Any info on dealers vs open market, skill set required, (I have none), cost, greatly appreaciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jglen View Post
    Jan 1 the law will require only hands free driving in my state. Is it possible to retro fit a hands free blue tooth to a 2009 Honda CRV? Any info on dealers vs open market, skill set required, (I have none), cost, greatly appreaciated.
    I was hoping to get the same info.

I live in Az. but my sister-in-law lives in Ca. She purchased an 05 new, and of course, it did not have Blue Tooth either.

She was hoping I could advise her as to what unit might be best. Since I am too far away from her, I can't install it and was hoping something from Best Buy with installation would be a good idea.

Since you haven't heard anything from this thread, even though you posted several months ago, I suspect I won't get any information either.

So............on to a different CRV forum.

Hope you had some luck finding what you needed.

Hey, I just posted on this forum, I am upgrading from the stock 6 disc changer to a bluetooth unit from crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX...7.html?tp=5684 is what I decided on) it comes with the mounting bracket and wiring harness adapter and instructions. I have done a decent amount of car electronic stuff, and the kit from crutchfield makes it easy for anyone. I have an 02, so same as the one in AZ. It isn't really a Cr-v specific question, I am pretty sure the easiest way to add bluetooth to any vehicle is to buy a headunit with bluetooth capability. I helped my future brother in law replace the radio in their 02 cr-v with a double DIN (same size as factory, the one I mentioned above is smaller, the mount kit gives you an extra little storage pocket below) and it was really pretty easy. The one they got had a DVD player and so was more complicated and then I noticed the speaker in the drivers door wasn't working so had to troubleshoot and then run a new section of wire because it had got broken (unrelated to the install, but made it take longer) I hate to sound like a crutchfield shill here, but they have good tech support and if you have no clue what you're doing I would definitely recommend that route so you get all the info you could possibly need.

Honda has a factory kit. Not sure if it supports Apple's iPhone. Does anyone know? VA has the hands free law but applies to the young ones to keep their hands on the wheel vs. the screen of the phone. Have had the 2010 now for 2 years. Costco has a battery operated version but I can tell that will work only when it's charged and who wants wires hanging all over the place for that, let alone remembering to charge it and how charged it is from the get go!

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    You can buy rearview mirror blue tooth units that sell for anywhere from $70 & up. Here is just a cheap example.

http://compare.ebay.ca/like/32111026...d=321110266085
    Current owner of The Black Pearl 2009 EX-L Nav AWD CRV & a 2003 Acura EL
    Previous owner of an Inaugural 1997 Leased LX CRV and (2) 2000 EX CRV's
    2007 RTL Nav Ridgeline, 1996 Acura TL & 1994 DOHC VTEC del Sol

I installed a bluetooth kenwood radio into my gf's '09 crv. Installation was pretty straight forward. We also installed the steering wheel controls adapter, because she didn't want to lose it. Now she can bluetooth voice calls and also stream music from her phone via bluetooth. The radio came with an external mic and I ran that to the top of the driver's A-pillar

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements