Throttle Body Sizing?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Throttle Body Sizing?

Throttle Body Sizing?

This may have been answered before, but i had no luck finding a conclusive answer. Does anyone happen to know the size of a stock B20B throttle body and a stock LS throttle body? I got an LS intake manifold from the junkyard a while back and just got around to installing it. I've read that the B20 and LS throttle bodies are the same, but I have read people saying everything from the LS throttle body being 58mm to 62mm . Also, the ls intake manifold looked like it had a larger opening (I'm guesstimating by about 2mm). This leads me to believe that the LS throttle body may have been larger than the B20's, but I want to make certain before i go about purchasing an LS throttle body .
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by oADRIIANo; 01-25-2012 at 12:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I'm wondering why you'd want to replace the intake manifold with the LS piece. As I understand it, the stock CRV manifold has the longer runners to provide better low-end torque. Although, I can see a use for higher rpm torque (ie where the B20B is just not up to the task of pushing the car around in lower rpm's, such as driving the highway across the Shenandoah mountains to visit in-laws). The LS manifold would result in the torque shifting higher in the band. But, if there's bigger throttlebodies that fit the LS piece, but not the CRV manifold, that'd get you more power and torque everywhere... sounds interesting... might be a worthy task, after all...
    '91 Miata; '94 F350; '98 CR-V; '04 MDX
    Pax Christi to ya!

b18c1 = 60, 62
    b18b = 58, 62
    b16a1 =58mm
    b16a2 = 60mm
    b16a3 = 58mm
    b18c5 = 62

Mine is stock B20B Intake Manifold CRV...last week my throttle body is broken...so I tried search for used CRV throttle body but couldn't find it and I ended up by using EK9 TYPE R Throttle Body...
    Acceleration is damn sweet...really pick-up...
    Haha

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements