Installing a Turbo
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installing a Turbo

crv|oc Rank: Member

Installing a Turbo

Hello Everybody,

I just bought a 2008 Honda CR-V and want to make some upgrades to the engine.
    The first thing I want to do is add a turbo. I found this kit on ebay and was wondering if anybody has installed it yet:

eBay Motors: B Series Turbo Kit B16 B18 B20 Honda Acura Civic CRV (item 150248043068 end time May-22-08 19:23:56 PDT)

Here are some of my concerns:

1. Would the automatic transmission withstand the increase in power?
    2. Would I have to make any changes to the car computer (reprogram it)?
    3. What else would I have to change?

Has anybody installed an aftermarket turbo kit? Where can I buy one and where can I find some information on installation.

Thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi_sound View Post
    Hello Everybody,
    I just bought a 2008 Honda CR-V and want to make some upgrades to the engine.
    The first thing I want to do is add a turbo. I found this kit on ebay and was wondering if anybody has installed it yet:
    eBay Motors: B Series Turbo Kit B16 B18 B20 Honda Acura Civic CRV (item 150248043068 end time May-22-08 19:23:56 PDT)
    Here are some of my concerns:
    1. Would the automatic transmission withstand the increase in power?
    2. Would I have to make any changes to the car computer (reprogram it)?
    3. What else would I have to change?
    Has anybody installed an aftermarket turbo kit? Where can I buy one and where can I find some information on installation.
    Thanks for the help
    Like the link title says, the kit is for "B" series engines. Your 2008 V has a "K" series engine (K24Z1). There are no turbo kits available for Gen 3 CR-Vs yet and not likely for a while yet.

You should stay away from the cheap kits on ebay. Check with Garrett or Turbonetics and see if/when they'll have a turbo for your application. Since you've got a late model CRV you may also want to check out King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.
    B18c1 VTEC Head, Air Intake; 8mm Wires; Rear Integra Strut Bar Prelude ('99)Rims Full Set, Mugen Valve Cover, Radiator Cap, Resevior socks, and Mugen Style Grill & Front Strut Bar; Custom Coilovers with a 4" drop, Apexi VAFC 2, Oil Catch Tank, JDM EG Side Markers, 99' Prelude Rims (5set Gunmetal)

I agree... stay away from that...

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    That is a junk eBay kit.

There are no "kits" specifically made for the G2 or G3 CR-V.
    Mitch

2003 CR-V EX 4A Chianti Red - K&N Typhoon SRI - Alpine/Orion 10" Sub and Amp - Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S 215/70-15 - Garmin Nuvi Navigation - Osram SilverStar
    2010 MAZDASPEED3 Liquid Silver - CP-E SRI - CP-E Turbo Inlet Pipe - Corksport Race Pipe - MTEC Super White & Golden Yellow bulbs - 35% Tint coming soon - CP-E downpipe coming soon
    1990 Mazda Miata - (Track Machine) Stock, for now

Thumbs down

That's right, there are no kits yet, but give it some time and something will pop out...

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Exclamation 2000 turbo kits

i need some extra power, and alot of it so i want a supercharger or turbo kit. so how much is it, what will i need to change and will my tranny take it? i just got a new tranny a year ago from my honda delaership so its rock solid

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    GTCB-Chris,

There is one turbo kit that I know of that will work with the one for the b20 engine on the V. It was orriginally for the B18 Integra but supposedly it is difficult to hook up. And your V is a b20z
    Nothing is as cool as rollin' thru da hood with 122 cubic inches

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    haha so that means i can get a kit for that car or not? lol im comfused

sorry

not to be rude, but an 08 crv doesn't have a b20 it has a k24. So your kit for the teg will not work.
    08 Honda CR-V Ex-L: Family Car
    94 Honda Civic Lx: First Project Car, Now Daily Driver,Was featured on Speed Channels Car Crazy
    88 Honda Civic SiR: Project Car

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements