Does my 2009 CR-V have a timing belt? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does my 2009 CR-V have a timing belt?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Do all CR Vs from 2009 have a chain?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    I just read a post that said the cutoff was 2001 or 2002 I believe. So the answer to the best of my knowledge is yes.
    You do have a serpentine belt too though, which also needs periodic maintanance/servicing.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by mbella1026 View Post
    Do all CR Vs from 2009 have a chain?
    All CRV's?? All with 2.4L engines did since 2002. But, there are CRV's with 2.0L and Diesel engines. Don't know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Your dealer is correct, your V has a chain not a belt. That doesn't change the fact that they are a bunch of lyin SOBs--just not in this particular instance.
    Great line. Can interchange dealer with politician and it would also be accurate
    2013 EX-L White Diamond Pearl

hood deflector | running boards | splash guards | tailgate spoiler | body side molding | chrome exhaust tip | chrome tailgate garnish | engine cover | weathertech window visors | weathertech cargo liner | husky weatherbeater floor liners | lower bumper steel mesh insert | low tone horn

Quote Originally Posted by wolf29 View Post
    Great line. Can interchange dealer with politician and it would also be accurate
    Hanging them all with one rope?

Quote Originally Posted by HondaPartsGuru View Post
    Hanging them all with one rope?
    Not enough rope for that

hood deflector | running boards | splash guards | tailgate spoiler | body side molding | chrome exhaust tip | chrome tailgate garnish | engine cover | weathertech window visors | weathertech cargo liner | husky weatherbeater floor liners | lower bumper steel mesh insert | low tone horn

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    I'm driving my 3rd Honda purchased from the same dealer. Also have all my work done at the same dealership. Never ever had an issue. Never been lied to. I bet that is the case for most dealers. They are in business to be successful and want to stay that way. Why would it be otherwise?

There may be the odd employee that is not fully knowledgeable, or a bit of an A-hole, but that happens everywhere.

To your point, I've never had any issues with my particular dealership. Then again I research any potential issues before I go in for service. But they have always seemed fair to me which is why I keep going back. On the flip, I've been to some dealerships that right away you can just tell they are trying to get over on you.

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    The dealer said my 2009 CR-V has a timing chain, not a timing belt.
    But, I've come to learn that they're a bunch of lyin SOBs so I figured I'd ask "someone I trust" like you...
    So you have a timing chain on your 2009 CRV. I wonder if my 2007 also has a timing chain since they are both 3rd generation? It would stand to reason. But I am new at this. Always best to ask though. Thanks

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Epona View Post
    So you have a timing chain on your 2009 CRV. I wonder if my 2007 also has a timing chain since they are both 3rd generation? It would stand to reason. But I am new at this. Always best to ask though. Thanks
    Have you not read all previous replies? If you did, you don't believe #12 and #13?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements