Does my 2009 CR-V have a timing belt?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does my 2009 CR-V have a timing belt?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore

Does my 2009 CR-V have a timing belt?

The dealer said my 2009 CR-V has a timing chain, not a timing belt.
    But, I've come to learn that they're a bunch of lyin SOBs so I figured I'd ask "someone I trust" like you...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver

Your Dealer Is Correct

Your dealer is correct, your V has a chain not a belt. That doesn't change the fact that they are a bunch of lyin SOBs--just not in this particular instance.
    The Black Pearl . . . 2007 EX, 4WD, 5AT, Nighthawk Black Pearl

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

That reply is classic and will be remembered for a very long time...
    I wish I was that good at lyin. I'd be filthy rich.

lyin

Yes, you may become filthy rich...but then you would have to spend an eternity in hell. Best to be honest and poor.

Being Irish he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. W. B. Yeats

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell

> but then you would have to spend an eternity in hell.
    So that's what got me the most -- no kidding. I'm not religious and was not born to any Christian faith. One of the top two scumbags at the dealer had crosses and prayers in frames all over his office. Back where I'm from in NJ, I never saw this kind of thing associated with a business. In California, I've seen it quite a bit over the past 20 years. Sadly, with one exception, I have bad business experiences with business who advertize their religios affiliations -- not religion specific.
    Last edited by barrys; 09-21-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Remove potentially offensive comment.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    I remember buying a house 30 years ago. Everything had to prayed over by the women who owned the home. After buying the house and moving in, I soon discovered many thing that she lied on the discloser form that had to be filled out by the home owner. The biggest lied was when ever it rained the house flooded. I had just painted the house inside and out, new carpet and padding, I then spent an additional 2500.00 to re-contour the entire yard, so the house would not flood. Yep, when they get to holy it is time to bend over.

Religious Folks Are Much Like Non-Religious Folks

Some religious folks are moral and some are immoral. Wearing it on your sleeve while being a sleeze bag ain't gonna fool the big guy.

But religion, politics, and oil change intervals are subjects that my mother taught me not to discuss in polite company. As such before the lightning bolts come flying in on this thread, I shall depart. In any event, best to stay off the subjects of religion and politics, this is a car club.

I understand.
    Last edited by barrys; 09-21-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Remove offensive comment.

crv|oc Rank: Platinum
    Forecast says... tread carefully in the thread.

That's sound advice.

I figured it was OK since I was going back and forth with a moderator.
    I did not intend to offend. I'll tread more carefully from now on.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements