Turn off TPMS? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn off TPMS?

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    OK at first I thought it works but it WON'T, now I try a new method is stacking summer tires (with OEM TPMS valves) near the car (within 12') and this time it works, the TPMS light on the dash is OFF, you should try it if you can and see what I means
    Not sure what you mean by stacking tires near the vehicle. In your garage? That has no effect on your car's TPMS system. You need to drive.

TPMS valves / transmitters do not work unless the wheel is in motion. They have batteries in them and get turned on by wheel rotation. I believe it's called 'waking them up'.

There appear to be many mysteries about this whole system. When I initially switched to winter wheels without TPMS valves, it took almost 3 weeks and over 200 km's until the light came on.
    Now I do have Honda TPMS valves in my winter wheels. My dealer does not charge to reprogram the system if it's combined with some other service.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drivezki View Post
    Not sure what you mean by stacking tires near the vehicle. In your garage? That has no effect on your car's TPMS system. You need to drive.

TPMS valves / transmitters do not work unless the wheel is in motion. They have batteries in them and get turned on by wheel rotation. I believe it's called 'waking them up'.

There appear to be many mysteries about this whole system. When I initially switched to winter wheels without TPMS valves, it took almost 3 weeks and over 200 km's until the light came on.
    Now I do have Honda TPMS valves in my winter wheels. My dealer does not charge to reprogram the system if it's combined with some other service.
    Yes in the garage because I don't want those tires roll away by itself Well... some guy here already told me about the TPMS valves needs to be rolling to able to sending signals to the receiver TPMS of the car.

Beginning of the winter when I've put in winter tires (without TPMS valves) and with in few hours of running the TPMS light came on the dash, those summer tires with OEM mags and TPMS valves I put in the shed way in the back yard and during the holidays I decided to give it a try to move those OEM tires in the garage near the car parked and at my surprise the next day the TPMS light on the dash is gone, every day I go and back from work and week end goes around town and has been 5 weeks and so far so good.

..........., every day I go and back from work and week end goes around town and has been 5 weeks and so far so good.
    Congratulation. Hope the light never comes on. But I can assure you, it's not because your summer wheels are stacked next to where you park. Guaranteed.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drivezki View Post
    Congratulation. Hope the light never comes on. But I can assure you, it's not because your summer wheels are stacked next to where you park. Guaranteed.
    and what's make you so sure ? are you the creator of that bloody system

and what's make you so sure ? are you the creator of that bloody system
    Good God. I've been accused of many things, but nothing that bad. lol

But seriously. Do all the research you want. Those summer wheels in your garage are just rims with tires. With TPMS valves or without them. No effect on anything.

7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements