Turn off TPMS?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn off TPMS?

crv|oc Rank: Member

Turn off TPMS?

I am driving a 2008 CRX EX-L. Is there a way to turn off the TPMS when I put on the winter wheels? Or do I have to live with a light on the dash for the whole winter?

Also, has anyone experienced with the aftermarket TPMS? I know Tirerack sells them?

Thanks.
    2008 Taffy White EXL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

pull-out fuse #20 for TPMS, that's it!

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    If you want to use the TPMS system as designed buy your winter wheels with new sensors and get the codes registered by the dealer or buy the ATEQ Quickset reset tool, sold at the tire rack to DIY
    04 Pilot 05 CRV

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Program the sensor, not the vehicle!

The Orange Programmable Sensor System enables users to bypass difficult auto-relearn procedures by programming the OE sensors identification number onto the new Orange sensor. Maintaining the same ID number, the vehicles computer recognizes the new sensor as if it were the OE sensor avoiding the complicated relearn process.

Where can I find info on the Orange system?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Program the sensor, not the vehicle!

The Orange Programmable Sensor System enables users to bypass difficult auto-relearn procedures by programming the OE sensors identification number onto the new Orange sensor. Maintaining the same ID number, the vehicles computer recognizes the new sensor as if it were the OE sensor avoiding the complicated relearn process.
    2008 Taffy White EXL

crv|oc Rank: Junior

Digging up this post to ask: how does removing the fuse for the TPMS affect your ability to turn off VSA? I drive in snow every single day all winter (live in the CO Mtns) and am often frustrated at the inability to disable VSA when the TPMS light or the Low Pressure Indicator light are on (which is frequently in sub-zero temps).

VSA/Traction control really put a damper on the funnest part of winter driving: going sideways on purpose. The CRV is an extremely fun vehicle to drift around and participate in general tail-out shenanigans. VSA kills this entirely. Plus, if you get stuck, or intend to drive through anything resembling deep snow, the VSA seriously impedes your ability to get unstuck or keep moving through the deep stuff. So, without the TPMS fuse, can you still disable VSA?

Edit to add: TMPS is the worst government-mandated safety feature ever, at least in they way it's tied into the VSA/Traction Ctrl system. Tire pressure apparently isn't as idiot-proof as one would think. Common sense ain't common, as they say.
    Last edited by freeheeltim; 12-25-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Bumpity bump... nothing? I'll have to get out under there during the daylight, pull the fuse, and see what happens.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    I'm not sure I'd slide on underinflated tires. Why not put some air in them? (Which you'll then need to let out when the weather warms.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    pull-out fuse #20 for TPMS, that's it!
    OK at first I thought it works but it WON'T, now I try a new method is stacking summer tires (with OEM TPMS valves) near the car (within 12') and this time it works, the TPMS light on the dash is OFF, you should try it if you can and see what I means

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements