Snow tires for 2017 CR-V
NEWS

1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow tires for 2017 CR-V

crv|oc Rank: Member

Snow tires for 2017 CR-V

I bought a 2017 CR-V EX-L with 18" wheels yesterday after trading in my 2012 CR-V with snow tires/rims. I still have the 17" 2012 OEM rims (and tires) and was hoping to use the rims for snow tires for the new car. I like to go down one size with snow tires so the 17" 2012 rims could be ideal (if the fit ;-). Has anyone had experience with this option?

I haven't found rim specs for the 2017 car. I did find a 19" rim which was 19" x 7.5", same bolt pattern but didn't find info on the OEM 18" rim or any 17" rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Unless its too cold where you live currently, why not just bolt the 2012 rims on as a test? Try both the front & rear, and observe the spacing between the wheel and caliper.

Even if the new car's tires are bigger, you can go for a short test drive without worry.

Then, report back with your findings so that others can benefit.

+++++++++++

Another strategy is to call Tire Rack and ask them about your old rims. They are very good about knowing the specs of new models.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    North NJ

I MAKE BEER DISAPPEAR. What's your superpower?

Hidden Content

Good idea Carbuff2 but my back is a bit sore at the moment ;-) also it takes we a good couple of hours to make the swap. I've talked with a Discount Tire rep and will have them try a rim or two before installing Blizzack DMV2 235/65-17. Should be a good size replacement if the rims fit OK.

I hear ya, about the ol' back.

Ask how much to bolt on the 2012 rims at DT (or a corner gas station). Do the observation I suggested.

Then swap back after a few days, or an hour or two (you could even leave the '17 wheels with the station if you trust them). Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes each swap.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '07 Fit Sport, 5 speed MT!
    North NJ

I MAKE BEER DISAPPEAR. What's your superpower?

Hidden Content

Snow tires are installed. They checked the fit at the tire store and thought it was OK. The 2012 EX rims and snow tires are on the car. Was able to drive the short distance from the tire store without problems. No TPMS issue yet. I didn't recalibrate, which may be necessary after I've driven a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmpk View Post
    Snow tires are installed. They checked the fit at the tire store and thought it was OK. The 2012 EX rims and snow tires are on the car. Was able to drive the short distance from the tire store without problems. No TPMS issue yet. I didn't recalibrate, which may be necessary after I've driven a little more.
    So far so good. After a few days the TPMS complained about needing to be calibrated. Started the calibrate from the Settings:Vehicle screen and drove a few miles. It seems to be happy. No more warnings... hopefully not on the way home now

FYI - Talking to the parts dept at my dealer, apparently Honda (canada) issued a bulletin to the dealers that they shouldn't be selling steel wheels for the '16s to be used on the 17's. he also said Honda won't have a steel wheel for the '17s until NEXT fall.

Guess I'll order some steels from Costco and get them to do a test fit before mounting them

Also, can someone verify on their door sticker that Honda actually moved to a 103 load rating? That ups the price on winters a bunch

10. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread